• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom Charging

This is a discussion on Xoom Charging within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; As I have a HTC Desire, with a spare mains charger and a car charger, can I use those to charge the Xoom? Regards, Dave...

Thread: Xoom Charging

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Xoom Charging

As I have a HTC Desire, with a spare mains charger and a car charger, can I use those to charge the Xoom?

Regards,
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    Does it have a micro USB port on it? Then no. The Xoom last all day unless you are out for a few days you should not need to charge it in your car.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not unless it uses the same coaxial connector the Xoom uses, which is unlikely. The Xoom does not charge through the microUSB connector because charging the battery fully would take f..o..r...e...v...e....r.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayh View Post
    As I have a HTC Desire, with a spare mains charger and a car charger, can I use those to charge the Xoom?

Regards,
    Dave

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    @dimitri407
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewell View Post
    Not unless it uses the same coaxial connector the Xoom uses, which is unlikely. The Xoom does not charge through the microUSB connector because charging the battery fully would take f..o..r...e...v...e....r.
    It's not that it would take forever. It's the fact that the micro usb doesn't have enough power to recharge the 2 batteries in the Xoom.
    When I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    My xoom will last 4 days on a single charge so long as I put it in airplane mode between times of not using as well as when using it, but no need to be connected to wifi or 3g.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

So you basically saying that you cannot use the MicroUSB connector to charge the xoom! Ah well, thought as the HTC Desire has a MicroUSB connector I could use that!!

Thanks for the advice regarding battery lasting 3 to 4 days - I find it is good, but the way I use it I have to charge it daily!

The other reason for asking is that I will be away in my Motorhome (RV) for 3 to 4 weeks roaming around France from mid May (it definitely will not last that long lol)

So it looks like I will have to buy a car cigarette charger..............must check out EBay.

Happy easter all.

regards,
    Dave

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Charging via USB would take a long time...days, not hours. VZW is selling the car charger for $14.99 with free second day shipping right now.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayh View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

So you basically saying that you cannot use the MicroUSB connector to charge the xoom! Ah well, thought as the HTC Desire has a MicroUSB connector I could use that!!

Thanks for the advice regarding battery lasting 3 to 4 days - I find it is good, but the way I use it I have to charge it daily!

The other reason for asking is that I will be away in my Motorhome (RV) for 3 to 4 weeks roaming around France from mid May (it definitely will not last that long lol)

So it looks like I will have to buy a car cigarette charger..............must check out EBay.

Happy easter all.

regards,
    Dave

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i would think you have the stock AC charger...get a small cig lighter inverter for about $20...then plug your AC cord in it..i live full time in RV and use inverters all the time...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

addl info

im going on prmise that output on lighter plug 12v dc..and inverter output is 110 volt ac...you mentioned france...not sure votages there..

Remove Ads

Ads