• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

XOOM may launch with non-working SD card slot

This is a discussion on XOOM may launch with non-working SD card slot within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; KnowYourMobile is reporting that the XOOM will launch with a non-working SD card slot due to an issue with Honeycomb (not the XOOM hardware itself), ...

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

XOOM may launch with non-working SD card slot

KnowYourMobile is reporting that the XOOM will launch with a non-working SD card slot due to an issue with Honeycomb (not the XOOM hardware itself), but that there will be an update "shortly after" the release to fix the issue, according to Moto product manager Mark Notton.

This makes me wonder if the product is already finished an being manufactured as we speak, otherwise wouldn't they just be able to fix the issue before it goes to the factories to be made? Or is the tablet just going to launch with an unfinished version of Honeycomb?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How can they launch something that doesn't work?

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    it's still got 32gb of internal, but yeah pretty sad not to have the tablet fully working.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Would you rather wait another month or two to get your hands on the tablet so you can get it when that update is ready? I'm sure that 97% of us would much rather have the tablet sooner without the working SD Slot than wait that extra 1-2 months just for a working SD Card.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh, I will definitely buy it without a working SD slot. There are plenty of other ways to transfer data, some of which are even more convenient, like the cloud.

What I'm most worried about is what else is going to be unfinished in Honeycomb at launch?

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well that's the whole thing will it be finished either the slot or os

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by armalite View Post
    How can they launch something that doesn't work?
    Sounds like the software doesn't support it and the SD slot was a last minute thing. Originally Google was trying to move away from SD cards and to just internal/flash memory. Guess they changed their mind and added it back. 32GB is enough for now, but I look forward to the software update so I can go shopping for a 32GB SD card - assuming I need it anyway.

Remove Ads

Ads