• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Model Priced at £450

This is a discussion on Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Model Priced at £450 within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; From Engadget: "Finally Motorola gives us a chance to say something positive about its pricing of the 10.1-inch, Tegra 2-powered Xoom tablet. UK electronics retailer ...

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    CZonin

Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Model Priced at £450

From Engadget:
    "Finally Motorola gives us a chance to say something positive about its pricing of the 10.1-inch, Tegra 2-powered Xoom tablet. UK electronics retailer PC World has just put up its Xoom pre-order page, which will surprise many waking Brits with an extremely reasonable £450 ($730) asking price. That's £60 less than the direct competitor 32GB WiFi-only iPad -- the Xoom only has one storage option of 32GB and the model listed here comes without 3G -- and perhaps more importantly, is only £10 more than the 16GB version of Apple's tablet. It's common knowledge that to take on the iPad empire you'll have to at the very least match its price, and Moto is doing even better than that in the UK. There's only one worrying sign, we haven't been able to place a Xoom into our shopping basket yet, as the "Pre-order today" button seems to be malfunctioning, but we're guessing that's a temporary glitch that will be fixed without the price shooting up skywards."

Update: The price and pre-order have been pulled.

Original article can be found here: Motorola prices WiFi-only Xoom at £450 in the UK (update: ?700 in Germany with 3G) -- Engadget
    Last edited by CZonin; 03-01-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    Motorola Xoom
    Overclocked @ 1.5Ghz
    65 MFLOPS

If you like my posts and think I have been helpful don't forget to hit the "like" button!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Not quite the price I was hoping for a wifi model.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    CZonin
    Ya it comes to around $620, a little more than some were expecting. OP has been updated btw.
    Motorola Xoom
    Overclocked @ 1.5Ghz
    65 MFLOPS

If you like my posts and think I have been helpful don't forget to hit the "like" button!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Im sure it'll be a little less here. But ya that is a tad higher than I thought.

Remove Ads

Ads