• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Your advice deeply appreciated

This is a discussion on Your advice deeply appreciated within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; The problem is honeycomb is not very stable. I have alot of crashes and one important thing to mention is when I want to reply ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    The problem is honeycomb is not very stable. I have alot of crashes and one important thing to mention is when I want to reply on a post, the typing is horribly slow compared to my 2g iPod touch. And the fact that android devices lack some google services in Canada then we have to wait a very long time for updates

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf View Post
    I really appreciate you feedback all. Oxford your note is perfect too, I love it , but I think you are of the minority who dud not enjoy the xoom. To be honest, I have been doing research since yesterday, and all positive feedback, little negatives. I start to live the xoom from now, even before I touch it, I am heading now to try all, xoom, iPad and playbook, but my heart leaning toward the xoom. I will try the others just to make sure xoom is the best. My only concern was the 3G thing, as I know, this version is hitting the market and I don't want to feel I got the first generation while the newer one already in the market. But as long as tehering is possible, I really don't Care. Regarding the android market, I surfed it and I found almost all the medical apps that already on my iPhone, so I think the android market is at least not inferior to the apple store.
    Cheers,
    you seem like you live around Toronto ? your not in vancouver by any chance ?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oxford View Post
    The problem is honeycomb is not very stable. I have alot of crashes and one important thing to mention is when I want to reply on a post, the typing is horribly slow compared to my 2g iPod touch. And the fact that android devices lack some google services in Canada then we have to wait a very long time for updates
    my friend i really dont face any stability problems + the forums problem should be solved soon + you can use that app for forums and it will be ok .. + for his uses googles services at elast the ones that dose not work are not a priority as they are easily replaced i completely respect your opinion thought

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    No I am not from vancovur neither Toronto

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Install an app called "Spare Parts" this will help phone apps work ( compatible) with the Xoom that are made for the phone.. I have over 60 apps, apps won't be a problem.. I think the Xoom will be great for you.. Good luck..

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The problem is honeycomb is not very stable. I have alot of crashes and one important thing to mention is when I want to reply on a post, the typing is horribly slow compared to my 2g iPod touch. And the fact that [COLOR=#660000 !important][COLOR=#660000 !important]android[/COLOR][/COLOR] devices lack some google services in Canada then we have to wait a very long time for updates
    Oxford, I live in Montreal and so far, no real crashes or stability problems, hell...I have more issues with my 2.2 Nexus phone. We get updates pretty quickly, as an example, I got the 3.1 update on Saturday morning, I was expecting another 2 weeks or so. And considering as well that Canada is supposed to be getting Moto's SD card update very soon I'd say we're ahead of the curve.

As for the lack of Google books, I can see that being an issue, but I'm a Kindle app fan for books, so it doesn't hit me.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    I have had rarely any instability problems. At most, I ended up restarting my Xoom over sound bugs which are app related, the few mail bugs with the stock mail and me trying failed attempts at doing a manual update of my Xoom to 3.1. Although I suppose that may be more due to the amount of usage.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    the ipad will make you feel severely limited. imo it cannot be used as a tool and the 3.1 update made it really jump ahead.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oxford View Post
    I dealt with the same issue, which is why I ended up returning my Xoom. Perhaps 3.1 fixed the lag on typing, but it was so frustrating to me, I had to return the product. It wasn't just on forums though, it was everywhere. I did the about:debug and everything else mentioned, but I just couldn't ever get that working to an acceptable level.

The breaking point for me however, was when I was trying to keep up with the NFL draft. I used ESPN.com and NFL.com, and without fail, the browser would crash on either page within 10-15 minutes, everytime.

I'm not really sure what direction I'm going to go with my $645 credit at Best Buy. I've considered the ipad as well as other Android devices...but for now, I'm just holding still.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Yes, today I will be returning my xoom to best buy not only because it is so laggy and slow but also because the battery drops in seconds. I never watched movies nor video on youtube, All I do is surf a web for 5 minutes and the battery drops 15% so I think I have a problem with my device. But I will also hold until they release the Samsung so I can see witch one is worth buying again. I feel like the Xoom is just a beta product launched by Motorola to test it then they will launch a next generation one. Or they are just testing honeycomb for future tablets with this tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by solorca View Post
    I dealt with the same issue, which is why I ended up returning my Xoom. Perhaps 3.1 fixed the lag on typing, but it was so frustrating to me, I had to return the product. It wasn't just on forums though, it was everywhere. I did the about:debug and everything else mentioned, but I just couldn't ever get that working to an acceptable level.

The breaking point for me however, was when I was trying to keep up with the NFL draft. I used ESPN.com and NFL.com, and without fail, the browser would crash on either page within 10-15 minutes, everytime.

I'm not really sure what direction I'm going to go with my $645 credit at Best Buy. I've considered the ipad as well as other Android devices...but for now, I'm just holding still.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads