• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

3.1 appears to have broken ActiveSync/Exchange security?

This is a discussion on 3.1 appears to have broken ActiveSync/Exchange security? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; After upgrading to 3.1 on my XOOM, I started getting the following error while sync'ing to my Exchange server: "unable to open connection to server ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3.1 appears to have broken ActiveSync/Exchange security?

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times

3.1 appears to have broken ActiveSync/Exchange security?

After upgrading to 3.1 on my XOOM, I started getting the following error while sync'ing to my Exchange server: "unable to open connection to server due to security error".

I am the Exchange admin (Exchange 2007), and I have my DINC and about 8 other Android devices using the same policies as my XOOM.

Here's the thing: If I delete and recreate the account on the XOOM, accept the admin policy request all is well for about 8 hours. Then I will start to get the message above once again.

Any one else seeing this?
    As a skillful IT PRO that you are, you have absolutely no !%#!@*! idea what is going on so you ask your mentor, your friend, the one who’s been by your side in the toughest situations and never let you down, the Oracle, the holder of all humanity’s knowledge, “The Program”. The Google.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, this happend yesterday and again today. Same thing, if I delete account and set it up again, it works. At least until I just started getting the same error.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I've had 3.1 since Friday. However, my Exchange connection is via BPOS - no issues here other than the random system outages from MS
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bensode View Post
    I've had 3.1 since Friday. However, my Exchange connection is via BPOS - no issues here other than the random system outages from MS

I couldn't help but smirk at the "other than the random system outages from MS" part...
    As a skillful IT PRO that you are, you have absolutely no !%#!@*! idea what is going on so you ask your mentor, your friend, the one who’s been by your side in the toughest situations and never let you down, the Oracle, the holder of all humanity’s knowledge, “The Program”. The Google.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dellito View Post
    Yes, this happend yesterday and again today. Same thing, if I delete account and set it up again, it works. At least until I just started getting the same error.
    Ok, so I tried a few different security mods within the Exchange policies. So far no luck. Today I tried clearing the cache for (and/or stopping) the mail and associated services on the XOOM itself (Mail, Mail Policy, and Exchange Services).

As usual the mail is working, but only time will tell if that did the trick.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
    Ok, so I tried a few different security mods within the Exchange policies. So far no luck. Today I tried clearing the cache for (and/or stopping) the mail and associated services on the XOOM itself (Mail, Mail Policy, and Exchange Services).

As usual the mail is working, but only time will tell if that did the trick.
    Please post if you think you have found an answer. I use mine primarily for work and a faulty exchange connection is a big problem.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Dellito - I ran through these steps and it appears to have worked. I even cycled the power one more time at the end to make sure and I haven't received the "unable to open connection to server due to security error" error (yet).

Let me know if this works for you. thanks.

1: Remove Account.
    2: Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running Services/ALL:

Clear Data (if available) then Force Kill for each (accept the warning messages): EMAIL, Email Policy, and Exchange Services.

3: Power Cycle.
    4: Launch Email app and create account.

Like I said above, I cycled power one additional time after step 4 just to see if it stuck. So far so good.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
    Dellito - I ran through these steps and it appears to have worked. I even cycled the power one more time at the end to make sure and I haven't received the "unable to open connection to server due to security error" error (yet).

Let me know if this works for you. thanks.

1: Remove Account.
    2: Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running Services/ALL:

Clear Data (if available) then Force Kill for each (accept the warning messages): EMAIL, Email Policy, and Exchange Services.

3: Power Cycle.
    4: Launch Email app and create account.

Like I said above, I cycled power one additional time after step 4 just to see if it stuck. So far so good.
    Thanks, I have been running OK since about 2:00 yesterday. If it happens again, I will try this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have given up on the native email app. It was refusing to send emails today. I'm going to try Touchdown.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For the record, we use Exchange 2010 and I received the 3.1 update saturday. I have had no problems at all with the built in client and activesync.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads