• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Welcome to the Motorola Xoom Forum!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Motorola Xoom Forum! within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by jimbo11mcm Motorola has responded to me in an email that the Xoom will be capable of internet connection using wifi. why was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo11mcm View Post
    Motorola has responded to me in an email that the Xoom will be capable of internet connection using wifi.

why was this ever even a question?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The only type of tablet I want is a wifi only tablet. Who wants to pay an extra data fee on top of a phone data fee

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Why it was a question

Sonjay Jha did not mention wifi at all in his Xoom presentation and the Galaxy tab was launched without wifi on Verizon. This is why the question was asked.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got a Droid X and focused most of my attention on it. I finally gave the Ipad to my daughter permanently. But now I kind of miss that form factor. The Ipad had a lot of good stuff, but it also had a bunch of limitations. I really like t. The Android OS. I have a bunch of widgets I use and a lot of other good stuff. It is really amazing and outstanding.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    The only type of tablet I want is a wifi only tablet. Who wants to pay an extra data fee on top of a phone data fee
    ^+1
    Especially with so many of the newly announced devices having (or likely to have) 'hot spot' capabilities. I would venture to say that 99.9% of the time I would 'use' a tablet I would be where I know I have wi-fi (home, work ect.). Worse case most of these have usb ports so I could just tether (not that I advocate that)

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm in for one as well, actually itching to buy one. I'm willing to go up to the low 600's for one. Gave up my iPad to buy a Galaxy, but never got one because I heard the Xoom is coming out. Rumor has it WiFi only version to be out in April. Prolly get that one instead of paying for 3G version, I always have my phone with me and isn't part of the reason we root them to have a signal for our WiFi toys?

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom Phone

If the Android Developers figure a way to put a phone on it, I will switch back and fourth between my X and the Xoom but I'm not paying another 50 bucks a month for data.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads