• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hulu Plus...

This is a discussion on Hulu Plus... within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; When are they gonna get it working on android? I'm tired of the ipad being able to have ot work and we don't! They need ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hulu Plus...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    BigJonMoo73

Hulu Plus...

When are they gonna get it working on android? I'm tired of the ipad being able to have ot work and we don't! They need to make a Facebook for the xoom as well...

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hulu Plus works with the modified version of Adobe Flash.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Works perfectly for me....

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Hulu on the Xoom requires a hacked version of adobe flash and a rooted / alternative kernel flashed device. Those who have done so have already decided to risk bricking their device / void their warranty until they undo it (assuming the undo is successful). The possibility for rendering your unit as useless as a brick is real, so please take care in your decision / actions. Many have done it, others have failed. I could but have decided not to for many reasons.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 05-26-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by epakrat75 View Post
    Hulu on the Xoom requires a hacked version of adobe flash and a rooted / alternative kernel flashed device. Those who have done so have already decided to risk bricking their device / void their warranty until they undo it (assuming the undo is successful). The possibility for rendering your unit as useless as a brick is real, so please take care in your decision / actions. Many have done it, others have failed. I could but have decided not to for many reasons.
    As one who has made the jump to being rooted, its features like being able to watch hulu that make it well worth the effort. I've been enjoying my 32gb sdcard for a month, using USB host mode for weeks before Google got around to it, and running smoothly at 1.6ghz. The devs are always going to be way out in front of Google/Moto because they are crowdsourcing the problem and we are crowdsourcing their solutions. Their is no warrantee issue. Moto unlocked the bootloader for this reason.

Rooting isn't for everyone, but it unlocks much more Xoom potential energy than Google will get around to.
    VZW 4G Xoom, running ICS 4.0.3 coutesy of Team Eos, overclocked to 1.6 GHz, 32 GB SD card

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by treeofliberty View Post
    Their is no warrantee issue. Moto unlocked the bootloader for this reason. Rooting isn't for everyone, but it unlocks much more Xoom potential energy than Google will get around to.
    I stand corrected on that, thank you. Indeed it isn't, I just don't wish to see anyone rush into it without first understanding the inherent potential dangers. I have two other rooted devices (Galaxy S and Nook Color) so I'm no stranger to rooting.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJonMoo73 View Post
    When are they gonna get it working on android? I'm tired of the ipad being able to have ot work and we don't! They need to make a Facebook for the xoom as well...
    Hulu plus for the ipad is unable to mirror the content over HDMI thanks to an update they released a few weeks ago. My girlfriend has an ipad 2 and without being able to watch hulk on our TV she hates it. She gets more and more jealous of my xoom as time goes on. Her words not mine:, "ipad might have more apps but android has more useful apps."

In my brief foray into the ipad 2 I felt the same way. Sure there are a lot of apps but it is so much harder to work productively on an ipad than it is on a xoom....at least for me. Also, one of the major reasons ipad has so many apps is because the lack of flash. Many websites port their flash content to an apparently to accommodate people. For me, flash support equals 1000s of apps.
    Roxhorn likes this.
    Xoom 3g - Rooted and Running @ 1.7 Ghz On Team Tiamat ROM

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maretus View Post
    Hulu plus for the ipad is unable to mirror the content over HDMI thanks to an update they released a few weeks ago.
    Wow! I had no idea. With HDCP available, I'd have thought there would be no reason for that. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Clarification - Was it Hulu's or Apple's recent update that disabled HDMI out? If it was Hulu perhaps more of the same can be expected from it's Android version (regardless of whether jailbroken / rooted user may or may not be subject to this). However, if it was Apple then it's merely business as usual.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 05-26-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Twitter
    @AZsteelman
    I just tried it again and it doesn't work for me. I have not tried Hulu Plus, but the regular Hulu does not work.

Rooted and on Launchpad 1.1 -

I had not tried it since rooting a week ago, but no dice...anyone else get it to work on Launchpad?
    Post of the year by jdblalock77 "Returned to stock and wiping myself"

Alcohol may not solve your problems, but neither will milk and cookies!

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    You have to be in desktop mode for it to work....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads