• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

powering on my xoom

This is a discussion on powering on my xoom within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I find it strange that when I power on my xoom the purple opening sequence is so grainy and not in HD, anyone else find ...

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

powering on my xoom

I find it strange that when I power on my xoom the purple opening sequence is so grainy and not in HD, anyone else find that odd?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Twitter
    XimmyT
    Yep..... that is why a lot of people hijack this "boot animation" with their own custom versions.....

I am using the one in this thread now:
    http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/moto...mpromised.html
    Keep on Xoomin'

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks! Do I have to root to change mine?

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Twitter
    XimmyT
    No.... I think there is a way to do it without rooting.

Read up on applying boot animations in this subforum:
    Motorola Xoom Themes
    Keep on Xoomin'

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    I never realised how ugly the stock one was till I saw some of the custom ones the folks around here have put together.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximmy View Post
    No.... I think there is a way to do it without rooting.

Read up on applying boot animations in this subforum:
    Motorola Xoom Themes
    I'm trying to confirm this myself. As I posted on the 2 bootanimations I posted, some threads on XDA say root isn't needed, but having already done it, I can't confirm.

They only post 1 command, which is the "push" command. But I would think that you would need to somehow change the permissions on the /data/local folder before you do so. I believe that is possible in ADB, but I don't have a clue as to what that might be.
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Ok, this isn't the original thread I read about not needing root to change the boot animation, but this is for the Asus and was dated 26 May 2011, so it is very possible we might be able to do this on the Xoom as well. Unless that whole locked boot loader thing gives us issues. But the simple push ADB command worked for them.

[BootAnimation] The Final Countdown! (NO NEED FOR ROOT ACCESS!) [UPDATE 05/27/11] - xda-developers
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Ocala, Fl. Soon to be Davis, Ca... Not soon enough
    Liked
    6 times
    I can confirm it works unrooted, just changed my boot animation on my unrooted Xoom. Just had to run the push command in adb, rebooted and had the retro animation.
    Last edited by Vince; 06-08-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    Ok, this isn't the original thread I read about not needing root to change the boot animation, but this is for the Asus and was dated 26 May 2011, so it is very possible we might be able to do this on the Xoom as well. Unless that whole locked boot loader thing gives us issues. But the simple push ADB command worked for them.

[BootAnimation] The Final Countdown! (NO NEED FOR ROOT ACCESS!) [UPDATE 05/27/11] - xda-developers
    I would LOVE to do this to my Xoom! But, reading that makes my head hurt! I have no clue what the heck they are talking about!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Me neither

Remove Ads

Ads