• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Out of space (UK 3.01 Wifi)

This is a discussion on Out of space (UK 3.01 Wifi) within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Woke up this morning and tried to reply to a forum post and the Xoom literally ground to a halt.. then I saw the 'Out ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Out of space (UK 3.01 Wifi)

Woke up this morning and tried to reply to a forum post and the Xoom literally ground to a halt.. then I saw the 'Out of space warning' WTF! Thought I had seen the last of this on my Desire....

Did a quick reboot to see if that would clear it, but no, made it even worse.. down to 22mb from 28Gb...

I literally have a handful of apps, less than 500mb of video and around 250mb of music...

My next step.. force the apps to SD. Nope! There is no option for that... what! Where did this go?!

So at the moment I am confused, and have an expensive brick... what exactly is the internal space left with a vanilla ROM? What is the partition layout?

Any help much appreciated..

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    You're going to have to do a factory reset. This is the only fix for this. Its an issue on 3.01

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmmmmm

Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize
    /dev 359M 32K 359M 4096
    /mnt/asec 359M 0K 359M 4096
    /mnt/obb 359M 0K 359M 4096
    /system 251M 203M 48M 4096
    /data 28G 28G 24M 2048
    /cache 163M 8M 155M 2048
    /pds 1M 108K 1M 2048
    /mnt/sdcard 28G 28G 24M 2048

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    You're going to have to do a factory reset. This is the only fix for this. Its an issue on 3.01
    Aww man really? I've not seen this on here (and I did a search)...

So I may as well at this point just unlock it anyway if I need to do a factory reset? Can I still get the 3.1 update with it just unlocked (not rooted)?
    Last edited by marky9074; 06-15-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    OK I unlocked it as this seemed the logical thing to do given that it needed a factory reset anyway. Even though I deleted the videos, and freed up ~500mb it would not update any apps, and I could not install 'App List Backup' which is annoying frankly...

Anyway on reboot, it restored my paid for apps. It didnt restore my desktop but did remember my wifi networks.. a small consolation I guess...

So, is there a tutorial for 3.0.1 to 3.1 root update? Or do I need to root 3.0.1 then clockworkmod and then update to 3.1? Or shall I just wait for a Euro 3.1 update?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    If you're wifi only just head to our guides section and there are a few ways to do it. Well the easiest way is to root it on 3.01 and then update and keep root to 3.1. You will get US and VZW apps installed since it flashed the 3G image.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    If you're wifi only just head to our guides section and there are a few ways to do it. Well the easiest way is to root it on 3.01 and then update and keep root to 3.1. You will get US and VZW apps installed since it flashed the 3G image.
    Thanks for that. I think I will hang on just a little bit longer and see if a euro img materialises in the near future.....

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Changed my mind after some digging around on XDA. So my procedure for unrooted stock UK WiFi 3.0.1 to rooted US WiFi 3.1 was to unlock, flash clockworkmod 2.2.0.0 via adb, then copy update files to SD card and insert. Download and flash stock US WiFi 3.0.1 img using adb, then reboot into recovery and flash the 3.1 update (using CWM).

At this point I had a bootloop, so I had to go back to recovery and do a wipe, so I would recommend doing this before a flash. Apart from that all quite simple. There was quite a lot of conflicting information regarding if you needed root. But you do not need root to install CWM and after that everything you need to do can be done in recovery.
    Last edited by marky9074; 06-18-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    There were several posts (one of mine included) where having less than approx. 2G of space causes unusual things to happen. Most notably, not being able to install any apps.
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bensode View Post
    There were several posts (one of mine included) where having less than approx. 2G of space causes unusual things to happen. Most notably, not being able to install any apps.
    Yeah I am not sure what happened. Went from having 26 Gb free to 22 Mb! All good now....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads