• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How can I see my 32gb sd card?

This is a discussion on How can I see my 32gb sd card? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I popped in my 32gb microSD card this morning just before I accepted the 3.2 update. However, after the reboot I do not seem able ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How can I see my 32gb sd card?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

How can I see my 32gb sd card?

I popped in my 32gb microSD card this morning just before I accepted the 3.2 update. However, after the reboot I do not seem able ot see the microSD card. When i use ES File Explorer to view my contents, it is only showing me the 32gb on board.

How do I see the microSD card?

Glenn

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    ChrisFrontRoyal
    Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    I popped in my 32gb microSD card this morning just before I accepted the 3.2 update. However, after the reboot I do not seem able ot see the microSD card. When i use ES File Explorer to view my contents, it is only showing me the 32gb on board.

How do I see the microSD card?
    You'll need a file browser like ES File Explorer or File Explorer HD. Or access it from your PC via the USB cable.

The path is /mnt/external1

But check out other threads regarding the inability to write to the card from within the Xoom.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    If you go to "Settings", then "Storage", on the right side of the screen you should now be able to scroll down to see the information about your SD card. As stated above, any file browser app should be able to see it.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lowboydrvr View Post
    If you go to "Settings", then "Storage", on the right side of the screen you should now be able to scroll down to see the information about your SD card. As stated above, any file browser app should be able to see it.
    that worked - I can see SD Card with total space of 29.71gb. But I can't seem to see it in a file explorer.

I did go to /mnt/external1 - if this is the external sd card - how do I tell the capacity?

I'll have to wait until I am home to try hooking it up to my computer. My work computer is too old and will not connect/read the Xoom.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    goto your settings storage and mount the card it will show you the space on the card; but not much more.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    goto your settings storage and mount the card it will show you the space on the card; but not much more.
    Its mounted - it must be as it gives me the option to unmount it. Its seeing/accessing it via a file explorer tool. I am using ES File Explorer and can't seem to confirm I am seeing it there and validate an additional 32gb of space available.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    ChrisFrontRoyal
    Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    that worked - I can see SD Card with total space of 29.71gb. But I can't seem to see it in a file explorer.

I did go to /mnt/external1 - if this is the external sd card - how do I tell the capacity?
    What file explorer are you using? ES File Explorer and File Explorer HD both see the card fine (yes, it is /mnt/external1 ). Also Astro works fine, apparently, though I don't use it.

The remaining capacity can be seen quickly in the gauge at the bottom of the list in Settings > Storage (which also has the unmount button to avoid risk of data corruption when removing the card)

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    i have a 16gb and a 32gb. when i put the 16 in it, its fine. i see my card. but when i put in my 32, nothing happens. I go to setting, storage it only says "Mount Card", i press it, and nothing happens.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Have you verified the 32GB card works in other computers and shows the full capacity? You *might* be another unfortunate victim of rip-off SD cards.
    Xoom 3G with Tiamat Rom @ 1.5ghz
    Samsung Galaxy S II

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    i had this card for about a year. works fine in my droid x and in my pc. even my pc at work.

Quote Originally Posted by superbike81 View Post
    Have you verified the 32GB card works in other computers and shows the full capacity? You *might* be another unfortunate victim of rip-off SD cards.
    edit: fixed it. put the card in my dx and formatted it. now it shows up. 64gbs, woo hoo.
    Last edited by timrock; 07-15-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads