• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

No SD Card support I can understand, but no SD Card...Ouch

This is a discussion on No SD Card support I can understand, but no SD Card...Ouch within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by Keiichi25 A point you have to understand is, that HTC was pushing out their first Droid 2.0 Enabled phone, which I believe ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: No SD Card support I can understand, but no SD Card...Ouch

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiichi25 View Post
    A point you have to understand is, that HTC was pushing out their first Droid 2.0 Enabled phone, which I believe the Incredible was. Their earlier 'Droid' phone was really an Android 1.6 Phone, not having all the capabilities that the Motorola Droid with the Android 2.0 Operating system.

People bought the lower end one because of the Droid name associated with it, believing that they were jumping on the latest and greatest thing, which was actually something that has been around, just not well publicized as the Motorola Droid phone was.

At the moment, there is no need to 'bundle' an SD card for it. It sold fairly well, as an example, in my area, I was barely able to get one because the Best Buy in my area and one of the Verizon Stores sold out within 2 days. I managed to get 1 of 3 that came in to another store later than it should have.

It's all about how they promo or push the sale that will determine it.
    I joined this forum specifically to ask a question, so I've got to ask. "What?"

On a more serious note, I too bought the DROID Incredible when it was released and found it strange that while I had a micro sd card slot, the sd card was packaged separately IMO, this is a different issue entirely. The Motorola XOOM is hardware capable of taking advantage of a micro sd card, however, Android 3.0/3.0.1 (for those of us who updated) is not yet capable of supporting such a peripheral. The issue is not hardware related, it is software related.

Was I annoyed that my XOOM did not have an sd card included, yes, but I recycled the 16gb that I purchased for my Incredible so it didn't really matter. Was I angry that we didn't have flash at launch, meh. It was something I knew when I purchased the device.

Typically when someone purchases a product like this, given the price of the device, they might want to check in to what's included before buying.

Just my two cents.

- E

Oh, before I forget, the Motorola DROID launched with Android 2.0, not 1.6. The HTC DROID Incredible launched with Android 2.1 not 2.2 and certainly not 1.6. Are you sure you aren't thinking of the HTC Dream/T-Mobile G1 or the Magic/MyTouch? I think you are a little confused sir. =)
    Last edited by ethanbesbris; 03-13-2011 at 05:12 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Welcome. FYI if you want flash its out. There's an apk in the app subforum.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Welcome. FYI if you want flash its out. There's an apk in the app subforum.
    Oh I've got flash running. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I'm not sure I have ever seen a device ship with a card smaller than the internal memory of the device. It would seem really odd to get a 8gb card with a 32gb device. So that might have something to do with it.

I do really wish SDXC would catch on so we wouldn't be stuck with a 32gb limit on these cards. At least with USB host support I should be able to go beyond that (even if it is a lot less convenient).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Remove Ads

Ads