• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Adobe Flash Player 10.3 enters Beta

This is a discussion on Adobe Flash Player 10.3 enters Beta within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Adobe's Flash Player 10.2 is (somewhat infamously) still absent from mobile devices, but the company is bravely promising that its brand new desktop beta of ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 enters Beta

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times

Adobe Flash Player 10.3 enters Beta

Adobe's Flash Player 10.2 is (somewhat infamously) still absent from mobile devices, but the company is bravely promising that its brand new desktop beta of version 10.3 will be coming to both desktop and mobile devices "soon." Improvements in the latest iteration include some acoustic hocus pocus for better internet telephony, new video analytics APIs, privacy controls integrated into browser settings in Firefox 4 and IE8 (Chrome and Safari to follow), and native control panel integration with both Mac's System Preferences and Windows' Control Panel. Beta testing ends in Q2 2011 for the desktop and a mobile release should follow swiftly thereafter. As to when we'll finally be able to stop discussing which devices have or can run Flash, not even Adobe could provide us with a reliable roadmap for that.

Source: Engadget
    ThunderBolt and Moto'z Xoom

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Amazing how long HoneyComb has been in development and we still have to wait till Q2....guess that early spring launch of 10.2 isn't going to happen
    Last edited by mrksbrd; 03-08-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    The good news is Adobe to releasing a Flash to HTML5 converter. Hopefully more sites will just implement that

Adobe Launches Flash-to-HTML5 Conversion Tool - PCWorld Business Center

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    If wifi only xooms shipping early next month are going to have it we shouldn't have to wait much longer. Keep ur fingers crossed
    DX deodexed, oc'd, apex 1.4.1, wtrmrkd xoom rooted oclkd 1.5ghz and ready 4 rom!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc7356 View Post
    If wifi only xooms shipping early next month are going to have it we shouldn't have to wait much longer. Keep ur fingers crossed
    If that's the case...curious why there's not a leak out yet.....BTW my fingers are permanently stuck in the crossed position now !!!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    if it weren't for the fact that it would cost me almost $100 to return it and that at least they haven't cancelled it i would return this! i cant imagine buying an ipad2 knowing it will never support flash. so many sites use it that it is really frustrating to go to a site and see that it won't display. but they better figure it out soon or its going to kill their sales.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Stupid Adobe! Couldn't they have gotten 10.2 out for mobile before screwing with 10.3? So what is the deal now, are we just skipping 10.2 for mobile since the beta for 10.3 is almost done?? I know motorola doesn't run Adobe, but as prominently as the inclusion of Flash figured in the Xoom's marketing, this is one thing I'm genuinely peeved at Motorola about. If some version of Flash isn't on the Xoom before the end of Q1, we should be talking some kind of rebate.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I'm so close to returning this thing tomorrow that it isn't even funny.. This tablet wasn't ready for release and looks as though it will be awhile before it is...All the pre-sale hype was nothing but hype..It will be interesting to see how many will return them tomorrow...The last day for Best Buy returns if you bought it on release day, as I did, like a fool.. Seems no one knows anything about when we can actually depend on any updates or promises to be delivered... Easy to stand on a soap box and present it as the best tablet to ever come to market.. Fact is it falls way short of what I thought it would be.. They can tell you its going to be this or that, till it happens it doesn't mean anything... Who's to say it will happen.. Then where does that leave us, how long do you reasonably wait on these promises... I see they are all far enough out that it will then be too late to return it...

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    I'm so close to returning this thing tomorrow that it isn't even funny.. This tablet wasn't ready for release and looks as though it will be awhile before it is...All the pre-sale hype was nothing but hype..It will be interesting to see how many will return them tomorrow...The last day for Best Buy returns if you bought it on release day, as I did, like a fool.. Seems no one knows anything about when we can actually depend on any updates or promises to be delivered... Easy to stand on a soap box and present it as the best tablet to ever come to market.. Fact is it falls way short of what I thought it would be.. They can tell you its going to be this or that, till it happens it doesn't mean anything... Who's to say it will happen.. Then where does that leave us, how long do you reasonably wait on these promises... I see they are all far enough out that it will then be too late to return it...
    Go buy the I pad 2, I hear there's an app for that...

Sent from my badass Xoom

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    jayxpx
    Hurry up adobe! I love my xoom but really need flash for the baseball season! MLB.TV!
    psychotic_penguin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads