• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

motorola customer service

This is a discussion on motorola customer service within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; i dropped my xoom and cracked the screen, so i called motorola to arrange repairs. they sent me packaging materials with prepaid overnight fedex freight. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MontanaBighorn
  • 1 Post By Castorshells

Thread: motorola customer service

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

motorola customer service

i dropped my xoom and cracked the screen, so i called motorola to arrange repairs. they sent me packaging materials with prepaid overnight fedex freight. i sent the xoom back to motorola, and received a new replacement about four business days later, also shipped overnight. the cost? NO CHARGE. while i would have preferred to just have a new screen put on my xoom (i didnt want to have to go through the process of rooting and setting it up for ad hoc wifi), theres no way i can complain. in fact, THANK YOU motorola for outstanding customer service!
    derande and Tinninches like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    I'm surprised it was that simple and hassle free.

Xoom: Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked at 1.4, and on Tiamat 2.0 Manta Ray.

Kyocera Echo: Rooted and Awesome.
    Source Code Released!!
    Tinninches likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I had a dead device and didn't like shipping it to them to just get a new device. i lost all my photos, setting and worst of all my adhesive case. I think that their ability to ship a new device is great but Moto needs to communicate with their customers

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Twitter
    pternahan
    At least you got fixed up, thanks for sharing

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    To the OP: That's awsome!

Just thought I'd share a positive experience I had with Moto customer service just a few weeks ago, not once, but twice.
    I called about my AC charger with the folding prongs not closing anymore and they sent one out overnight at no charge saying it was covered under the 1 year warranty. Not even a week later, when I was reading about the process for all of us with 3G models, and what we will have to go through for the 4G LTE upgrade. They mentioned using the data cable that came with the Xoom for backup. However, I couldn't recall ever seeing one with mine. So I checked the box which was still stored in the original bag from Verizon and there was no cable. I have a feeling the girls that sold me the Xoom inadvertantly forgot to put it back in the box after they finished the set up. I called Verizon and they said they could sell me another one for like $25.00 with a 10% discount. Told them no way I was putting out another dime on an incomplete product. Then I went to the store and the guy there said, "So sorry, it's not our fault after 4 months you are just noticing it" He then proceeded to tell me he'd sell me one with a 25% discount. I told them to keep it, they evidently needed it more than I did. Then....I called Motorola and they didn't even blink. They apologized for my Verizon expereince and sent me one right out (received in 3 days) at NO CHARGE. At least they are reacting to what they CAN do, since they have been on the front lines fielding all of our questions and demands on when the SD card and 4G LTE upgrade was going to happen, and only have a script to read back to us. So if there are any Moto execs lurking, Kudos to the customer service people that are empowered to actually be able to do their job. It's all in the small details... That's why it's call "Customer Service."

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by NateDawg View Post
    I had a dead device and didn't like shipping it to them to just get a new device. i lost all my photos, setting and worst of all my adhesive case. I think that their ability to ship a new device is great but Moto needs to communicate with their customers
    I gotta admit, it's unusual to hear someone complain about good customer service.
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The prongs wouldn't fold on my charger, I called Motorola & they sent me a new one. iI wish all customer service was this good. I'm impressed by their service. Thanks Motorola!!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been having real trouble with Customer Service since I sent back my dead xoom on the 26th April. It got lost in the system only turning up on the 3rd May then no communication until 11th stating water damage so outwith warranty!!. As it's never ever been splashed or in contact with liquid this came as a bit of a shock to me. Also as the website stated that xoom has special protective properties both internal and external for this very occasion. Lack of communication is also been a royal pain and whilst they do reply within a day or so they basically just repeat your message with no added input. I love my xoom and until it died never let me down but I'm concerned over this water damage con as same thing happened to me over my IPHONE which once I complained loud enough suddenly was repaired under warranty. Again never a splash of water touched my IPHONE as in protective cover at all times. Any one else had issues with supposed water damage ???

Remove Ads

Ads