• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[How To] UK Wifi To US GED

This is a discussion on [How To] UK Wifi To US GED within the Motorola Xoom Hacking Guides forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Hacks category; hello, I am new to this forum and really hope someone can help me. I gedified my xoom last year and was v pleased with ...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: [How To] UK Wifi To US GED

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hello, I am new to this forum and really hope someone can help me. I gedified my xoom last year and was v pleased with it, until my 3 year old decided to pour water over it and then the touch screen wouldn't work! I was still just inside warranty and sent it off to Motorola, half expecting them to tell me I had invalidated the warrantly, but they carried out the repair, which was good, however they have "updated" my system back to ICS!!! I am find it REALLY slow and really want to get Jellybean back, I have searched the web and can't find the same guide as before? I don't have a micro sd card - or rather I do but can't find the adaptor, and would really like to use the same method as before - I am not very computer literate and was delighted that I was even able to follow it! can someone please point me in the right direction ??? many thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    hello, I am new to this forum and really hope someone can help me. I gedified my xoom last year and was v pleased with it, until my 3 year old decided to pour water over it and then the touch screen wouldn't work! I was still just inside warranty and sent it off to Motorola, half expecting them to tell me I had invalidated the warrantly, but they carried out the repair, which was good, however they have "updated" my system back to ICS!!! I am find it REALLY slow and really want to get Jellybean back, I have searched the web and can't find the same guide as before? I don't have a micro sd card - or rather I do but can't find the adaptor, and would really like to use the same method as before - I am not very computer literate and was delighted that I was even able to follow it! can someone please point me in the right direction ??? many thanks
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. The OP got mad and took his site down. You can use post #3 in this thread.
    [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Hi and welcome to the forum

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, and thanks for the welcome. I have tried to do the root as described in the link (however I think you meant for me to follow post #5, as post #3 refers to setting xoom back to stock? anyway I have got as far as "adb reboot bootloader", and I get an error "device not found", I have googled and found numerous difference causes, so many that I think I will just give in now!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Hi, and thanks for the welcome. I have tried to do the root as described in the link (however I think you meant for me to follow post #5, as post #3 refers to setting xoom back to stock? anyway I have got as far as "adb reboot bootloader", and I get an error "device not found", I have googled and found numerous difference causes, so many that I think I will just give in now!
    Post 3 will get your Xoom back to the stock US firnware and you will OTA all the way to Jelly Bean. Post 3 has nothing to do with rooting.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OH I see, thanks for explaining that. Any idea why i would be getting device not found? The first time I tried i got a message about deamon not working, then it was working, then it was "waiting for device" but never went any further - so I started again straight away and this time it said device not found. confused!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    OH I see, thanks for explaining that. Any idea why i would be getting device not found? The first time I tried i got a message about deamon not working, then it was working, then it was "waiting for device" but never went any further - so I started again straight away and this time it said device not found. confused!
    Make sure you have your adb path set up correctly and you have the usb drivers downloaded and installed.
    Setting up ADB on Windows 7 64 bit (and other Windows platforms)
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/88481

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks, have tried all the above, I have now realised that my laptop is not recognising my xoom at all; when I connect it I get the recognition beep but I can't actually find the xoom on the laptop at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, rebooted both machines, nothing works. and USB bebugging is definitely checked. I was able to gedify last year with no problems at all. I have emailed motorola to tell them I am not happy with the repair as it has really slowed my tablet down (which it has) and I can't get my laptop to find xoom no matter what I try. Probably won't do much good though

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Remove Ads

Ads