• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

xoom help. possible dealbreaker with no netflix?

This is a discussion on xoom help. possible dealbreaker with no netflix? within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Originally Posted by Phillyfanatic So then you are saying Playon is the answer for when I am on a bus between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. Playon ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 35 of 35
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: xoom help. possible dealbreaker with no netflix?

  1. #31
    Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    678
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    304
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyfanatic View Post
    So then you are saying Playon is the answer for when I am on a bus between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. Playon is the answer when I take my xoom on vacation with me?

    Playon is really that easy? Because I didn't get that impression. I pretty much got the impression that I have to let my home computer do all the heavy lifting and I needed to have Playon actually running on my home computer in order to get data to my Xoom. If that is the case it will be problematic for those times that I allow my Xoom to leave the house and I forget to tell my home computer to do all the heavy lifting before me and my Xoom leave.
    Really just get playon. .........
    DaPoets
    ~ Galaxy Nexus LTE Codename Android ROM 1.5.0 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Motorola Xoom LTE Codename Android ROM 1.5.0 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Droid Charge as 24/7 4G Unlimited Tether Bot on Stock
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G1000 -> PPC6600 -> PPC6700 -> OG Droid -> Galaxy S Fascinate -> Pure Bliss

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #32
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    1187
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    philly...I sympathize. I truly do. but it sounds like everyone here puts a great big endorsment for Playon, so I'm going to try it. I'm no hacker but if they are assuring its as easy as following directions, I can handle that! lol!

    Thanks again everyone. I appreciate your input and your patience with me. At least I know if I have issues with Playon, I have several big supporters of the program here to ask! You guys rock!

  4. #33
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    990
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    st. louis, MO
    Posts
    66
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by t.tack.anderson View Post
    philly...I sympathize. I truly do. but it sounds like everyone here puts a great big endorsment for Playon, so I'm going to try it. I'm no hacker but if they are assuring its as easy as following directions, I can handle that! lol!

    Thanks again everyone. I appreciate your input and your patience with me. At least I know if I have issues with Playon, I have several big supporters of the program here to ask! You guys rock!
    NP t.tack, let us know how it goes and whatcha think of it. Don't forget to download the free version at first to give it a good test drive before ya invest cash in it.
    Sent from my xoom of death

  5. #34
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    864
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    twobear2
    Become a XOOMaddict like the rest of your family on this and other XOOM FORUMS! !!

  6. #35
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    426
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyfanatic View Post
    So then you are saying Playon is the answer for when I am on a bus between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. Playon is the answer when I take my xoom on vacation with me?
    Yes, Playon would work perfectly for that. Last night I was sitting in a parking lot enjoying my Five Guys Bacon cheeseburger and felt like watching some Seinfeld. Fired up Playon (albeit on my Droid) and streamed a ripped episode I have on my media server. Worked great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyfanatic View Post
    Playon is really that easy? Because I didn't get that impression. I pretty much got the impression that I have to let my home computer do all the heavy lifting and I needed to have Playon actually running on my home computer in order to get data to my Xoom. If that is the case it will be problematic for those times that I allow my Xoom to leave the house and I forget to tell my home computer to do all the heavy lifting before me and my Xoom leave.
    Yes, you do have to leave your PC on and Playon needs to be running. For me this works well because my desktop doubles as media server for the house. Playon is very stable, I've yet to have it crash on me and its been running nonstop for about a week now, since the last update. That's another thing, Playon is constantly upgrading and patching the software, customer support is really good.

    So in short, some may call it a work around or a bandaid, I call it a solution. I use it to serve media to my PS3, Xoom, and 2 Droids. Its a bargain.


 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I'm watching Netflix on my Xoom!
    By DaPoets in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
  2. Netflix on xoom?
    By droiding in forum Motorola Xoom Apps
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 08:02 AM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 04:37 AM
  4. Netflix on xoom?
    By droiding in forum Motorola Xoom Accessories
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 02:24 PM
  5. netflix on zoom
    By trokero24 in forum Motorola Xoom Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:15 PM

Search tags for this page

does motorola xoom support netflix
,
does motorola xoom support netflix?
,
does the motorola xoom have netflix
,
does the motorola xoom support netflix
,
does the xoom have netflix
,
does the xoom support netflix
,
does xoom have netflix
,
does xoom support netflix
,
motorola xoom help
,
netflix support for xoom
,
netflix xoom support
,
no netflix for xoom
,

no netflix on xoom

,
when will netflix support xoom
,
when will xoom get netflix
,
when will xoom support netflix
,

why no netflix on xoom

,
will xoom get netflix
,

xoom help

,

xoom netflix support

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread