• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

continues boot

This is a discussion on continues boot within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; I have had my Xoom since Sunday (3/20), its rooted for Titanium backup and for Set CPU to underclock it when not in use. Yesterday ...

Thread: continues boot

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question continues boot

I have had my Xoom since Sunday (3/20), its rooted for Titanium backup and for Set CPU to underclock it when not in use.

Yesterday (3/23) I got a notification on my DX that I had email, so I pulled out the Xoom to check and reply to it, The Xoom didn't have the email yet so I was waiting on 3G for it to refresh, and waited, and waited, then it rebooted.

Not that big of a deal as the DX does this from time to time, but it never came back up. Just sat doing the boot animation. Hit the power button game me a black screen and it would not come back on. Did the volume up and power button, same thing, just sat at the boot animation.

Eventually I was able to get to the lock screen, but it never pulled up my background and would not let me unlock it, it was frozen. Power button gave me an instant black screen.

Took it to a VZW store but the system was down so they couldn't do anything for me, and when we called the tech number so it was logged their system was down too. By the time I left it was working.

Went to put something in the calendar, same thing. Locked up and continues boot. Left it off for 2 hours, not touching anything, and noticed it was on and working. Backed everything up, and tried to recreate the issue. Worked fine on WIFI, once I hit 3G and ran a game that connects to Open Feint it did the same thing. Turned it off a few times, got to the lock screen again but it was frozen again. Hit the power button to turn the screen off and left it.

About ten minutes later it notified me I had email. Grabbed it and hit the power button, nothing.

Today I did a full flash and reset the boot loader, then unlocked and rooted it again. Titanium can't restore any application, and the framework along with other apps keep crashing on me.

I have it fully at stock now, not even with my account on it, and plan to bring it back, but mainly wanted to share this with everyone as I could not find anything like this on the net.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Hmmm. It could've been the overclocking that it didn't like. How long after root did this start happening?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I rooted it on Monday, crashed Wed night. I wasn't overclocking, but under clocking it.

I got a new Xoom Thursday, rooted it, installed my apps, same setup, did the same thing that night. My first thought was SetCPU so I uninstalled it and have not had an issue since.

So the question is, how many other people are using SetCPU on their Xoom and have you had any issues?

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    I have said it before and I will say it again YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE SETCPU to UNDER clock it does it all by itself

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Never knew that, do all versions of Android do that?

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    YES I do not know who thinks profiles are a good idea or if the OS used to not do it before 2.1 but SetCPU as always burned more CPU than it saved in my experience.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Interesting. I mainly use it on my DX to lock it at 400MHz when on the car charger and using GPS so it charges, otherwise it does not seem to charge.

I'm going to disable it on my phone too and see if that helps with the battery, thanks for the info.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    I am sure it will

If you have not put any thought in to setting your VSELs on your DX get QuickClock and let that overclock it and under volt it. Dump SetCPU
    Last edited by Debian Dog; 03-25-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    +1 on the QuickClock. Like DD I have never set up profiles. Some people set up so many profiles or do it wrong that they have some profiles canceling out other profiles. It won't charge on the car charger cuz its drawing about the same amount of power that its using with the GPS constantly searching and updating.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Had it do it again last night on the new Xoom. SetCPU and QuickClock are not installed. It seems to only do it when I am on the Internet, either 3G or wifi, but that could be a coincidence.

When it reboots on me, it comes up with the lock screen, but no bacground and it won't unlock for me. I can however rotate the screen, so its not frozen. Wondering now if it might be the wallpaper rotator that I have installed. I have removed it for now, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Remove Ads

Ads