• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

bricked xoom

This is a discussion on bricked xoom within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; hey i have a verizon 3g xoom that i already sent back from the 4g upgrade. i then asked a guy from craigslist to root ...

Thread: bricked xoom

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

bricked xoom

hey i have a verizon 3g xoom that i already sent back from the 4g upgrade. i then asked a guy from craigslist to root my xoom and he destroyed it . from what i saw, he actually finished rooting it but had trouble on the recovery part. now all it does is shows the M sign at the booting part. i looked around and tried all these unlocks on here but nothing. im a noob at the computer stuff but im learning.im stuck on the part were my computer wont find the xoom. in my cmd prompt all i get is daemon not running now in port 5037 then daemon succesful. then error no device. i get this alot. i keep seeing i need to debug but how do you debug if the xoom wont come all the way on ? i cant get past that no matter what . plz help

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Welcome to the forum

Seem fastboot wont help as USB debugging cant enable....

Try RSD/SBF method and see how it go..

How to install the essential files needed to flash back to an original stock ROM SBF.
    This is necessary when you get stuck in the proverbial "bootloop".

Step is similar to this tutorial :

Part II:

Flashing the SBF:

Download SBF: here
    For you please choose:-
    MD5: FF81AD7F090A87B4078532F4E2FD6852
    Carrier: Verizon US
    File: VZW_MZ602_signed_HLK75D_signed_MDM6600_03.1A.54_si gned_LTEDC_U_05.19.00.combo.sbf.gz

"Thanks to Steady Hawkin for this on"

Flashing the SBF:

• Run RSD Lite as Admin
    • Power off your Xoom, press volume up and power at the same time until the device starts. It should boot with "Starting RSD protocol support 3"
    • Connect your supplied USB cable (I say supplied because 3rd party cables can cause issues)
    • Browse to the SBF file you extracted in the filename box (use the ... button to select)
    • Click on Port 1 and select Show Device. If it looks similar to the below image (Device and File Properties are both populated) you are all set
    • Click Run

Hope it help and wish you good luck

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeboi View Post
    hey i have a verizon 3g xoom that i already sent back from the 4g upgrade. i then asked a guy from craigslist to root my xoom and he destroyed it . from what i saw, he actually finished rooting it but had trouble on the recovery part. now all it does is shows the M sign at the booting part. i looked around and tried all these unlocks on here but nothing. im a noob at the computer stuff but im learning.im stuck on the part were my computer wont find the xoom. in my cmd prompt all i get is daemon not running now in port 5037 then daemon succesful. then error no device. i get this alot. i keep seeing i need to debug but how do you debug if the xoom wont come all the way on ? i cant get past that no matter what . plz help
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Keep us informed.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hiya guys, I'm having identical issues as OP. found this thread and got to the point of trying to flash the SBF, and this is what I get:

Motorola Xoom Verizon 4G LTE model, was handed to me in the condition it's in, but the owner told me Verizon was walking him thru an OTA when this happened
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pyr0ball; 07-25-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads