• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Touch screen unresponsive

This is a discussion on Touch screen unresponsive within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; OK, so I'm really getting fed up with this situation. I purchased my xoom from a local ad about 2 weeks ago. Its been working ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Touch screen unresponsive

OK, so I'm really getting fed up with this situation. I purchased my xoom from a local ad about 2 weeks ago. Its been working flawlessly for that time but as of two days ago I've been having major issues with the touch screen.

Now, the tab doesn't actually freeze. Games,movies,etc run but at times the touch is just totally unresponsive. Ill have periods of no issues and then all of the sudden the touch stops working. I have to put the xoom in standy, put it back on and then sometimes it'll work for a little bit again.

Wtf is going on? This shouldn't be happening with such an expensive device.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I would say this is the "screen lag" others (including myself) are complaining about. I have yet to see a solution posted.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sipy View Post
    OK, so I'm really getting fed up with this situation. I purchased my xoom from a local ad about 2 weeks ago. Its been working flawlessly for that time but as of two days ago I've been having major issues with the touch screen.

Now, the tab doesn't actually freeze. Games,movies,etc run but at times the touch is just totally unresponsive. Ill have periods of no issues and then all of the sudden the touch stops working. I have to put the xoom in standy, put it back on and then sometimes it'll work for a little bit again.

Wtf is going on? This shouldn't be happening with such an expensive device.
    I started having the exact same problem today.. 1 week after getting it. Trying to uninstal new apps but that doesn't work.. turned it on and off completely.. still no luck... freezing on everything until I lock the screen and unlock it again.. videos play uninterupted but can't use touch screen

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    I can only attribute my xoom suffering no issues that are performance related to being rooted. Of course I can't confirm this nor do I feel that you should have to root an $600 device for it to function they way you hoped it would.

It's either that, or I just got a problem free xoom that was only further enchanced by rooting it and then overclocking it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Part of screen?

I am having an issue that is consistent. My Xoom is just over a week old, and has never been dropped or handled roughly. Only part of my screen seems to be unresponsive to touch. To tell you where my Xoom seems to be having trouble with touch, if I have the Xoom in landscape and have the keyboard up (like when typing an e-mail), I have trouble with the space bar and the keys in that row only...nothing else. Anyone else? I'm contacting Motorola today, but if these devices are going to break so easily, then I think I'll need to return it and go with an iPad.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem. It could be the way the touchscreen controller is grounded.
    1. I dropped my Xoom in the toilet.
    2. I believe the water caused the touchscreen controller to become less well grounded
    3. After disassembling and pushing down on the touchscreen controller the response is much better.
    Check this out:
    http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/moto...-teardown.html

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by donrull View Post
    I am having an issue that is consistent. My Xoom is just over a week old, and has never been dropped or handled roughly. Only part of my screen seems to be unresponsive to touch. To tell you where my Xoom seems to be having trouble with touch, if I have the Xoom in landscape and have the keyboard up (like when typing an e-mail), I have trouble with the space bar and the keys in that row only...nothing else. Anyone else? I'm contacting Motorola today, but if these devices are going to break so easily, then I think I'll need to return it and go with an iPad.
    are you using a app for the keyboard or the stock one? I forget which one it was but there was an app that caused the lower half of the screen to be less responsive....

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im having the same problem. my touchscreen goes completely dead sometimes comes back after 30sec or if i turn screen off and unlck again.. its very intermittent as to when this happens. seems more software related if turning the screen off and returns it to normal?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

I just wanted to share my solution for the unresponsive screen issue with the Motorola Xoom device:

Repairing Xoom Touch Screen Intermittent Unresponsiveness : xoom

I hope this helps anyone having a similar issue. Thank you.

Ads