• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cant delete Clockworkmod backup Xoom HK?

This is a discussion on Cant delete Clockworkmod backup Xoom HK? within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Hey guys and girl, I'm looking for some help if possible!? I have a Hong Kong (HK) version of the Motorola Xoom 3g, yes the ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cant delete Clockworkmod backup Xoom HK?

Hey guys and girl,

I'm looking for some help if possible!?

I have a Hong Kong (HK) version of the Motorola Xoom 3g, yes the tainted version by all accounts!

I loaded the EOS 2.0 custom rom as it over came the 4gb partition issue created by other roms, including the stock roms!

Everything was running nicely until i decided to try and backup my Rom with clockworkmod. The backup failed, and I couldnt see any evidence of the attempt in Rom manager, however when i reboot into clockwork recovery i can still see all 5 of my attempts to backup the device, unfortunately i cannot delete any of these attempts via clockwork recovery. This is frustrating because these failed backups are taking up 3.2gb of my 4gb internal partition, a partition only used in the HK version of the xoom! However as a result i cannot install or update any apps and apps are now not working as i am out of memory.

I assume this is because my user data etc is stored on the 4gb partition the same partition that clockworkmod tried to backup my rom.

Bottom line.....how do i delete these backup remnants? I tried a factory reset but this didnt work either!?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tris

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by back_to_oz View Post
    Hey guys and girl,

I'm looking for some help if possible!?

I have a Hong Kong (HK) version of the Motorola Xoom 3g, yes the tainted version by all accounts!

I loaded the EOS 2.0 custom rom as it over came the 4gb partition issue created by other roms, including the stock roms!

Everything was running nicely until i decided to try and backup my Rom with clockworkmod. The backup failed, and I couldnt see any evidence of the attempt in Rom manager, however when i reboot into clockwork recovery i can still see all 5 of my attempts to backup the device, unfortunately i cannot delete any of these attempts via clockwork recovery. This is frustrating because these failed backups are taking up 3.2gb of my 4gb internal partition, a partition only used in the HK version of the xoom! However as a result i cannot install or update any apps and apps are now not working as i am out of memory.

I assume this is because my user data etc is stored on the 4gb partition the same partition that clockworkmod tried to backup my rom.

Bottom line.....how do i delete these backup remnants? I tried a factory reset but this didnt work either!?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tris
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Just mount your Xoom to your PC and delete them manually. What version recovery are you using? Don't ever update your recovery with Rom Manager as there are only 4 recoveries compatible with the Xoom.

ClockworkMod 3.2.0.0 (R4c) (New 6/10/11)

CWM Rogue Recovery v1.5.0 (Updated 5/6/12)

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing eos-recovery-r6-softkeys.zip

unofficial[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.2.0 with on-screen keyboard!

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Remove Ads

Ads