• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

MZ602 stuck on splash screen

This is a discussion on MZ602 stuck on splash screen within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; I'm at the end of my rope. No matter what I try, I can't get my MZ602 to work again. If I try to boot ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

MZ602 stuck on splash screen

I'm at the end of my rope. No matter what I try, I can't get my MZ602 to work again. If I try to boot normally, I get stuck at the "M" splash screen. If I try to go into recovery mode, I get stuck at "reading ODM fuse 1". Fastboot and RSD modes work. Here's what I've tried:

Flash HLK75D (stock 3.2.2) in fastboot
    Flash HLK75D using RSD/SBF method
    Flash recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img in fastboot
    Lock / unlock the device

All of these ran successfully, but didn't make a difference. I have a bootloader to try and flash, but, from what I understand, it has to be done in CWM recovery manager, which I can't get into. Is there anything else I can try, or do I have a genuine brick on my hands? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2218 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchi13 View Post
    I'm at the end of my rope. No matter what I try, I can't get my MZ602 to work again. If I try to boot normally, I get stuck at the "M" splash screen. If I try to go into recovery mode, I get stuck at "reading ODM fuse 1". Fastboot and RSD modes work. Here's what I've tried:

Flash HLK75D (stock 3.2.2) in fastboot
    Flash HLK75D using RSD/SBF method
    Flash recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img in fastboot
    Lock / unlock the device

All of these ran successfully, but didn't make a difference. I have a bootloader to try and flash, but, from what I understand, it has to be done in CWM recovery manager, which I can't get into. Is there anything else I can try, or do I have a genuine brick on my hands? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. What exactly where you doing when this happened?

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    perhaps your rom/backup is corrupted

is usb debugging enabled? if so, fast boot the stock boot loader image.

instead of trying to restore a root/rom fastboot the original stock build/baseband/bootloader for the lte xoom (you are sure its a verizon 4g lte xoom, right)

or try the jellybean 4.2 version: How To Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on MZ602 Xoom LTE via Custom Firmware

Stock images: Xoom Software Downloads
    Last edited by rive; 02-11-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. What exactly where you doing when this happened?
    I got it secondhand with this going on, so I'm not sure how it got to this state.
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    perhaps your rom/backup is corrupted

is usb debugging enabled? if so, fast boot the stock boot loader image.

instead of trying to restore a root/rom fastboot the original stock build/baseband/bootloader for the lte xoom (you are sure its a verizon 4g lte xoom, right)

or try the jellybean 4.2 version: How To Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on MZ602 Xoom LTE via Custom Firmware

Stock images: Xoom Software Downloads
    I'm sure it's been flashed to LTE. It has a Verizon LTE sim card that came with it. I've tried flashing different versions from stock honeycomb to modded jellybean, but haven't had any luck there either.

Edit: After looking a bit closer, I noticed that when I flash using the RSD/SBF method it will show as passed, but only when I manually reboot the device and put it back into RSD mode at the end of flashing. If I do nothing, it will juts get stuck at the splash screen while RSD Lite asks for a manual reboot.
    Last edited by tenchi13; 02-12-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Update

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I fixed it! I downloaded and flashed Everest 1.35 which I found here in the forums. That got me out of the boot loop. Then I flashed CWM recovery in fastboot mode (thanks to Astrix's rookie guide), and put the LTE baseband update as update.zip on my SD card (found that here). I booted into recovery and selected to run the update and followed the prompts. When that rebooted after finishing, I went back into RSD mode and flashed IMM76L (thank you Rive). Though at that point, I'm sure you have the freedom to flash whatever image you like.
    Last edited by tenchi13; 02-14-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Ads