• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

BigPart of the Reason it's a Soft Brick (but can flash to/interact with Recovery)

This is a discussion on BigPart of the Reason it's a Soft Brick (but can flash to/interact with Recovery) within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Long time listener. Was jazzed to flash OmniROM as the new hotness, but guess I didn't read the fine print well enough - now have ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy BigPart of the Reason it's a Soft Brick (but can flash to/interact with Recovery)

Long time listener. Was jazzed to flash OmniROM as the new hotness, but guess I didn't read the fine print well enough - now have what may be a soft brick.Might've happened bc I flashed CWM (bad assumption that that was needed in order to get into Recovery to yadda), then flashed TWM (before BigPart Repartition), which seemed at first to work (could interact with its menu and execute commands)...but error messages appeared about not being able to wipe Delvik nor mount /data. Then, got stuck at the Dual Core red boot logo, but could flash to and interact with custom Recovery. So, flashed latest CWM - again, can interact with and execute commands, but upon reboot, the same red dual core boot image (toward which I am beginning to foster resentment). Have flashed to TWM and CWM twice now to no avail; was going to try a third with extra care to wipe wipe yadda, but thought to pause and search first. Searched for help (great one with steps to flash back to stock here). Tried flashing back to stock (tried both HRI66 and HRI39: see, I do not rightly know which one, since...well I cannot get into the device to see the system details (assuming it makes a difference). Still, I gleaned from a few posts that it wouldn't be too terrible to try either) - but still no love from my Xoom. Was going to try again, but thought to pause and post first.Which (hopefully) brings you to this one word in my post: mercy (or help). Saw a few soft-bricked, stuck-at-the-infernal-dual_core had had luck after trying to flash to stock repeatedly until it took. Will happily do so, but would feel better if better minds had better advice. In advance, thanks.

Update: got it. I downloaded a different set of stock images - bara bing: flashed to stock, booted past the red dual core screen, and things are as they originally were. Better yet, this time, flashed CWM, then followed the steps - step by step - from BigPart to Omnirom to gapps to superuser - now rockin the new hotness. Will do best to thank those who have posted all that is needed to do what I took longer than necessary to do. Servio
    Last edited by servio; 07-26-2014 at 08:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads