• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Low on space Tablet storage space is getting low

This is a discussion on Low on space Tablet storage space is getting low within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; I also posted this in bug thread, but thought I would post it here to see if there are any others experiencing this problem. I ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Low on space Tablet storage space is getting low

I also posted this in bug thread, but thought I would post it here to see if there are any others experiencing this problem.

I get the two line message "Low on space" and "Tablet storage space is getting low".

It happened to me last night while playing WordFeud, but I don't know that has anything to do with it.

Checking storage shows that I am using 25 gig in applications. There is no way that can be, as I have only downloaded a few applications.

There is a thread at the Motorola Owners forum discussing this issue:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...rt=0&tstart=30

It sounds like a fix from Motorola will be needed, but nothing is available yet.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I received a quick response at the Motorola Owners Forum.
    This issue will be fixed the next update. No specifics were given, but I am glad that it is being addessed.

Thanks,
    Dan

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Did they give any eta on the update?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No ETA, but it looks like they ackowledged it on March 16, 2011, stating that it is rare. They also found a fix.

I think the last update came around March 10th, so maybe the next one will be coming soon.

Dan

DrivetheGreen66
    Hopefully the next update will happen soon

Sent from my aPexed Droid X!
    In a world of doesn't... Droid does!!!

Newsworthy
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Someone on the xda forum said he corected the problem by removeing "Google Body" from his apps.
    The opinions above are solely those of a 12 year old hacker who has broken into my account, and not those of my employer or any other organization.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the tip. I tried removing Google Body and doing a hard reset, but it didn't help.

Thanks,
    Dan

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have this problem and looked in my folders trying to find large files using ES File Explorer. I have found a repeating set of folders here:

/sys/module/usbhid/drivers/hid:generic-usb/module/drivers/hid:generic-usb/module

These folders keep going and going and going. I tried to look at the properties of the sys/module folder but the file size kept going and going and going. I ran it all night and it was still running in the morning at 1.25GB and counting. Is it safe to delete the repeating set of folders? Does anyone know what these folders are used for?

Deanne

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Found the problem on my Xoom FE

Dunno if you have the Xoom Family Edition or not, but I'm running Honeycomb 3.1 and mine has the same problem. After rooting I was able to see that the problem was in /data/gps. The GPS location service was filling it up with log/debug files at the rate of about 100MB a day! Since I only have 16GB, it wasn't long before I started to run out of space. I manually deleted some of the older files, but others without root have had to resort to doing a factory reset.

I think the problem should be fixed once we get ICS or JB. What version are you currently running, and do you have the issue still?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanneJensen View Post
    I have this problem and looked in my folders trying to find large files using ES File Explorer. I have found a repeating set of folders here:

/sys/module/usbhid/drivers/hid:generic-usb/module/drivers/hid:generic-usb/module

These folders keep going and going and going. I tried to look at the properties of the sys/module folder but the file size kept going and going and going. I ran it all night and it was still running in the morning at 1.25GB and counting. Is it safe to delete the repeating set of folders? Does anyone know what these folders are used for?

Deanne
    I don't think that's a problem. I think when I looked at that, they were just symlinks to go from the modules directory to the drivers and vice versa. When you do a properties on it, it's probably just going recursive like crazy.

Remove Ads

Ads