• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

PLaying movies and music

This is a discussion on PLaying movies and music within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; I am hoping someone can help me with how to play a movie on the xoom? I have movies in iTunes as well as Amazon ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

PLaying movies and music

I am hoping someone can help me with how to play a movie on the xoom? I have movies in iTunes as well as Amazon unbox, will either of these work? If not, where do you get movies and music from to play on this?

I have to admit, I am very disappointed with my xoom experience so far. The only good thing about this is checking email and browsing internet. Someone please talk me off the ledge of returning this and getting an iPad...

thanks for any help here...

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Not sure if there is DRM in the iTunes movie downloads but I have been able to copy over m4v files from my laptop to the Xoom and they play extremely well. So far, out of about 12 movies I tried only one wouldn't play for whatever reason -- I'm thinking because there is a problem with the file but it does play on the laptop, though. Still playing with mine so haven't gotten very far other than the basics.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You are not going to be able to get digital copies from dvd and blueray disks out of itunes and into the xoom. Standard videos however you can get out without trouble. If it has DRM you will need to research on your own how to take care of that. I doubt the mobs want walkthroughs posted here for that sort of thing.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    @Bensode.How did you transfer the movies to you XOOM and what app to you use to watch them. I have used programs to convert movies( handbreak-vuze) and some other ones. I drag and drop them to my XOOM put can't find them once i unpleg from computer. My XOOM just shows up like a driver on my CPU. I think if your using a Mac its easier. Any help will do. I really want to start watching movies on this BAD BOY......

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    CZonin
    Quote Originally Posted by scknoll123 View Post
    @Bensode.How did you transfer the movies to you XOOM and what app to you use to watch them. I have used programs to convert movies( handbreak-vuze) and some other ones. I drag and drop them to my XOOM put can't find them once i unpleg from computer. My XOOM just shows up like a driver on my CPU. I think if your using a Mac its easier. Any help will do. I really want to start watching movies on this BAD BOY......
    Try out DVD Catalyst 4 for ripping/converting your movies. It has a built in setting for the Xoom. I've been using it for about 2 days now and have had nothing but success with it.
    Motorola Xoom
    Overclocked @ 1.5Ghz
    65 MFLOPS

If you like my posts and think I have been helpful don't forget to hit the "like" button!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    @scknoll- the Xoom shows up in my Win 7 machine as a device that I can expand (double-click) and choose where to place them. I put them in the movies folder then open up the Gallery app and they apear there with thumbnails. You can sort gallery to show photos only, videos only or both at the top of the gallery.

I used handbrake after dvdshrink but after test driving dvdcatalyst I'm going to change to that. Also handy that the dvdcatalyst dev frequents here is a plus.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks everyone. I too have win 7. I used handbrak and drag and droped to the movies folder with no luck. I will keep trying

Ads