• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Corporate Sync account crashes when sending email

This is a discussion on Corporate Sync account crashes when sending email within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Hi. I set up my Xoom today and added my Corporate Sync account to my work Exchange server first. The settings were successful and my ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Corporate Sync account crashes when sending email

Hi. I set up my Xoom today and added my Corporate Sync account to my work Exchange server first. The settings were successful and my emails poured in. I also added a few POP accounts. The pop accounts work fine for sending and receiving, but the Corp Sync account only works for receiving. What I mean by that is that sending actually instantly crashes the application and I get asked if I want to force close, which is my only functional option.

This happens when on either wifi or 3G. I re-added the account (and this time made it the default sending account). No luck. On both Corp accounts that I set up I accepted the Exchange Admin abilities to remote administer. I'm the Exchange admin at my workplace and I know the settings to be correct and I have a Droid X (set up with the same Gmail account) that works fine with the same settings.

Is this a known issue that I can work around? Everything else I've read suggests the Xoom should have full Exchange support.

Thanks,

Mjo

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    no issues here I've been using corp connection to my bpos account for the last day and a half. Have you tried a restart on the xoom? Might also check the http logs on your front end for any oddities.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Corp works fine for me. You are going to want to clean up your environment a bit before you do any testing. remove your pop accounts and have only your corporate account. Test then. Work? You may not have your corporate account set as default for sending. What version exchange server? did you accept the administrative abilities? there are many variables. But to start remove all accounts. Add corporate only. And then test with that.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm running Exchange 2007 and I did accept the administrative control.

I removed the pop accounts and then added the Corp account anew and no luck.

I also have noticed that the emails DO send. It's jus tthat the application immediately crashes. I felt better at least knowing they were getting out first.

Anyway, I got fustrated and went and Installed Touchdown for Tablets. We had purchased Touchdown for the Dorid Xs at work and it's solved issues before. Since I already paid for it, it wasn't a big deal. That "solved" my issue for me. I'd still like to know it would work as intended, but I'm just happy to have worked around it for now.

Thanks for the replies.

Remove Ads

Ads