• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

LED notification light on the front of tablet?

This is a discussion on LED notification light on the front of tablet? within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; On the upper right just off the actual screen appears to be a opening in the border mask... I saw a video review for a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Question LED notification light on the front of tablet?

On the upper right just off the actual screen appears to be a opening in the border mask...

I saw a video review for a case that also showed an opening in the case for a LED at this location, the reviewer mentioned "the flashing indicated new mail had arrived".

I don't see this flash when I received email, is there a way to turn this on?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    It does flash just seems very inconsistent

I completely agree with everything I just said

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Ahhh, OK? Do you mean yes, it does flash when an email comes in, or it only works sometimes?

Do you know where/if there is a setting for this?

The only reason I even know it exists is because I was looking at cases and they usually include a cut-out in the case there so it can be seen, and in one of the reviews for the KeviKev case the LED can be seen flashing at 1:42.
    Last edited by Vicoaster; 04-30-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicoaster View Post
    Ahhh, OK? Do you mean yes, it does flash when an email comes in, or it only works sometimes?

The only reason I even know it exists is because I was looking at cases and they usually include a cut-out in the case there so it can be seen, and in one of the reviews for the KeviKev case the LED can be seen flashing at 1:42.
    i have no problems with the LED...any notification (email/text/IM) lights up the notification.

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times

It does flash but seems completely random. I use my xoom constantly and haclve seen the light like twice.

I completely agree with everything I just said

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Slntagent View Post
    i have no problems with the LED...any notification (email/text/IM) lights up the notification.
    Thanks for the replies.

Well wouldn't you know it, I see mine flashing now, so strange that I never say until I asked about it... it is flashing slowly right now, as bobjenkins mentioned, kinda random!?

BTW now that the battery has just finished charging the LED is off. I could have sworn that when I charged the unit for the first time the LED at the bottom center flashed white unitl it was fully charged and then it turned green, during this charge cycle that LED never turned on at all?

I can't even see anything about these indicators in the manual, I wonder just what does trigger the RH LED or the one at the bottom center of the screen?
    Last edited by Vicoaster; 04-30-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: strange science!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Thanks for the replies.

Well wouldn't you know it, I see mine flashing now, so strange that I never say until I asked about it... it is flashing slowly right now, as bobjenkins mentioned, kinda random!?

BTW now that the battery has just finished charging the LED is off. I could have sworn that when I charged the unit for the first time the LED at the bottom center flashed white unitl it was fully charged and then it turned green, during this charge cycle that LED never turned on at all?

I can't even see anything about these indicators in the manual, I wonder just what does trigger the RH LED or the one at the bottom center of the screen?
    heres the deal with the lights. the battery charge one only lights up when the xoom is pwered off( not standby) the notification on the right always works for me. there is a setting for notificationi just cant remember where it is right now but will keep looking

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave240 View Post
    heres the deal with the lights. the battery charge one only lights up when the xoom is pwered off( not standby) the notification on the right always works for me. there is a setting for notificationi just cant remember where it is right now but will keep looking
    With the tiamat kernel i noticed my led lights up while charging and powered on...so it is possible to get it working with modifications

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Slntagent View Post
    With the tiamat kernel i noticed my led lights up while charging and powered on...so it is possible to get it working with modifications
    that is correct. with that kernal it lights up while it is turned on but for me i like it the way it is. it is a pretty bright light and i dont think i want it shining in my face while i am playing especially in a darker room.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave240 View Post
    that is correct. with that kernal it lights up while it is turned on but for me i like it the way it is. it is a pretty bright light and i dont think i want it shining in my face while i am playing especially in a darker room.
    So bigdave, did you manage to find where this notification gets controlled yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads