• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I can't transfer any files to xoom

This is a discussion on I can't transfer any files to xoom within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; 1) Connect Xoom to your computer via a USB cable. (Not HDMI) 2) Xoom must be on or in sleepmode 3) Xoom will show up ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I can't transfer any files to xoom

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    1) Connect Xoom to your computer via a USB cable. (Not HDMI)

2) Xoom must be on or in sleepmode

3) Xoom will show up as a 'Media Device' much like a mp3 player. If you double-click on it, it will open up and all the folders you need are there.

You can copy files to and from the Xoom using the computer. You can not have more than 1 copy function going at any one time.

(I'm assuming they went with the 'Media Device' instead of an external drive, that way you don't have to 'safely remove' the device, because most people fail in that regard, and usually screw up their external data device)

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, guys, I have read all ur threads, I have one question: are the movies copy-protected? I bought iTunes movies, and want to put them to Xoom for my trip, guess what, I just couldn't make it, then I googled and got that iTunes movies are protected by DRM and in an M4V format, while Xoom can't support m4v. So, Uh, I paid $ 39.95 to get a m4v converter, it's called Noteburner m4v converter, it has Windows and Mac version, I bought the Windows version, and at the beginning, there's a little problem to get it to work, but with the patient guidance of the customer service, I finally got it to work, and now it works great for me and without any problem. I thanks for their service, it's awesome.
    Last edited by Nick; 05-19-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hi, guys, I have read all ur threads, I have one question: are the movies copy-protected? I bought iTunes movies, and want to put them to Xoom for my trip, guess what, I just couldn't make it, then I googled and got that iTunes movies are protected by DRM and in an M4V format, while Xoom can't support m4v. So, Uh, I paid $ 39.95 to get a m4v converter, it's called Noteburner m4v converter, it has Windows and Mac version, I bought the Windows version, and at the beginning, there's a little problem to get it to work, but with the patient guidance of the customer service, I finally got it to work, and now it works great for me and without any problem. I thanks for their service, it's awesome.
    I would have recommend DVD Catalyst 4 to convert the files. its great and only cost 10 bucks. Hes on the forums too and helps anyone that ask for it.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've transfer some words files and pdf files according to my computer screen but I can't find them on the tablet? Where do they go?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm still having this problem. Brand new Xoom. USB cable plugged into the back of my computer. Plenty of storage space. Xoom turned on. It's showing as a media device on win explore. I've tried two USB cables. Still, when I try to transfer a .mp4 movie file, the Xoom doesn't respond and sometimes it locks up and I have to hard reboot. Really frustrating as this is one of the main reasons I bought it. Suggestions please!
    Last edited by Freese; 06-13-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think the problem has something to do with the amount of data I'm transferring. I just conducted an experiment where I transferred 20 .mp3 files without any problems. When I tried to transfer 200, the Xoom locked up and I had to hard reboot. Does this make sense to anyone? So, if that's the problem, how do I fix it?

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    @freese, sorry, but that wasn't the case for me. I transfered 16GB of music to my Xoom in one shot and all was well. Let me think on this more and get back to you. What kind of PC are you connecting to?

Ads