• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Charging Icon Blinking

This is a discussion on Charging Icon Blinking within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; I've noticed the past few days my Xoom's been powering down at least once a day. When I plugged the charger in today, I noticed ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    azisles02

Charging Icon Blinking

I've noticed the past few days my Xoom's been powering down at least once a day. When I plugged the charger in today, I noticed the LED Charging Light was blinking. I powered it on and saw that in the lock screen, the part that says "Charing (xx%)" also was flashing. Also I left it charging for over an hour and it only charge 9%. Could it be that my charger is going bad or the battery or is the Xoom itself the problem?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    there have been plenty of reports about bad chargers. seems to be the weak spot so far. I have never seen a xoom go that low so i assume that is why it is blinking. when you have it plugged in is there a little lightning bolt on the battery indicating that it is charging? you might want to try a force reboot ( up volume and power button held until it reboots) but if the charge indicator doesn't say that it is charging then also try disconnecting the power plug and reconnecting it at the wall end. If that doesnt work can you take it to where you bought it ( cant tell where you are from your signature) and try anchargermther to see if it is working. I don't recall anyone posting that their battery was dead or had a problem yet.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    azisles02
    The lightning bolt in the battery icon is also blinking. Tried the force reboot & reconnecting the wall end with no change. So from what you said, I think the charger might all ready be going & I've only had it for maybe 3months (got the Wifi model on launch day from Best Buy).
    Last edited by jamisles02; 06-27-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jamisles02 View Post
    The lightning bolt in the battery icon is also blinking. Tried the force reboot & reconnecting the wall end with no change. So from what you said, I think the charger might all ready be going & I've only had it for maybe 3months (got the Wifi model on launch day from Best Buy).
    it seems strange that the icon shows it is charging though. most of the charge problems have been that it doesn't show it is charging. might be worth a return to where you bought it if you can to see what they think.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    azisles02
    Well after a while it finished charging and after some usage and battery draining I plugged the charger back in. Oddly enough it charged just fine now without blinking. I did put in an email to Motorola about the issue though and I think I'll get a spare charger soon as well.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    i've never let mine go that low on the battery i guess but it makes sense that it might blink at a very low remaining charge even when youu first plug it in but did it blink the whole time it was charging? i would keep an eye on it, may have just been a fluke. by the way, you don't want to run down a LiIon battery all the time as it isnt good for it. once in a while ismfine but not all the time.

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    IT's not supposed to blink on low battery, I run mine down to 6% or lower every other night. The icon doesn't blink (the bolt icon and animation appear, but it doesn't blink) and the white charge light doesn't blink either. That definitely isn't normal or good. bigdave is probably right. May be the charger, may be the battery. If it persists I'd definitely take it back and ask BB about it and what they could do for you. If it's the charger they should at least give you a new one.

Remove Ads

Ads