• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question about the Xoom and Android market.

This is a discussion on Question about the Xoom and Android market. within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Hi All, I have a Droid X. I decided to purchase the Xoom. I have made a ton of purchase through the android market. Upon ...

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Question about the Xoom and Android market.

Hi All,

I have a Droid X. I decided to purchase the Xoom. I have made a ton of purchase through the android market. Upon setti g up the xoom I put my email account in and now I'm having problems with the market. Its not show I g all purchases on both devices and I purchased the Samauri game on the xoom and it won't show as purchased. Also on the xoom I will go to install something and it waits 10 minutes then sometimes installs it.

Anyone experience this? I don't want to make a new email just for the xoom and have to set up another account it seems ridiculous.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had similar issues. I know some apps just won't work on the Xoom and so the market doesn't show them, case in point Adobe Flash. So that may be the case. As for missing apps I would check your account at http://market.google.com and make sure they show there. If so, then contact the developer and ask them. If not then contact Google.

As for the delays, I think we've all experienced that. As far as I can tell it is getting better. The best advice I've seen that has helped me personally is to make sure you are logged into Google Talk and that will maintain your connection for the market and should reduce the time to get your downloads.

HTH,

Dave

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have found that the easiest way to manage the installation of apps across two devices is to use the Android Market website and push the apps to the device that doesn't have the app. There are a few apps that will not load on the Xoom. In a few of those cases, I have located the apk either online or on my other device and have been able to install them on the Xoom (example: Xfinity-Tv.apk

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I still get a lot of "Server Busy" messages or apps that I select to download/buy that don't show up for nearly an hour afterward. Hasn't been as bad this morning but I also see a lot of repeated looping list of apps when scrolling down through the market. Obviously not deal breakers but certainly an annoyance.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I haven't had any issues but a buddy of mine bought thumb keyboard and it is still pending for over a week. The designers won't email back on a fix either...
    DX deodexed, oc'd, apex 1.4.1, wtrmrkd • xoom rooted oclkd 1.5ghz and ready 4 rom!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
    I have found that the easiest way to manage the installation of apps across two devices is to use the Android Market website and push the apps to the device that doesn't have the app. There are a few apps that will not load on the Xoom. In a few of those cases, I have located the apk either online or on my other device and have been able to install them on the Xoom (example: Xfinity-Tv.apk
    how exactly do you do that? I was browsing through the market and couldn't see how to share the apps....

Remove Ads

Ads