• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom Gallery app won't delete pics

This is a discussion on Xoom Gallery app won't delete pics within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; My photos in the Xoom Gallery app behave in a strange way. When I delete a photo it immediately dissapears from the gallery list and ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom Gallery app won't delete pics

My photos in the Xoom Gallery app behave in a strange way. When I delete a photo it immediately dissapears from the gallery list and everything seems to be ok. But after turning the Xoom off and on again those deleted photos keep reappearing!!! It annoys strongly. Well, I'm running the Tiamat kernel, maybe there is a problem in the Tiamat version of Xoom gallery app?
    Help me please, this glitch really annoys me.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    You're not the first to have that same "problem". I would bet that somehow, something like Dropbox or Picasa was set up on your account and the pictures are being re-shown on your device. If you go looking for them they may not be stored on your device, but you are seeing previews in the gallery of your online collection.
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    i was having all kinds of issues with videos , pics, ect not playing or deleting in gallery....wiped and re installed 2.0 Manta Ray rom now all good..think there were some bugs as others experienced this also....new rom seems great....used stock GPU...overclock GPU was causing many reboots for me.

OVERCLOCKED 1.7 | ROOTED| EOS nightlies ICS

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The thing is, those aren't online pics. Those are the pics I transfered from my PC into a newly created folder called "Photos", via USB cable.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by maxatma View Post
    The thing is, those aren't online pics. Those are the pics I transfered from my PC into a newly created folder called "Photos", via USB cable.
    Yes, but if you have that hooked to your gmail account, it will still take those pictures and sync them with the online account. If you use a file browser, try to search around inside the DCIM or pictures folders and I'll bet you won't find them on your system.
    Or, download and try using something like Astro file manager and do a search for the pictures. If they are xxxxx.jpg files, just type in (no quotes) "*.jpg" and it will search for all jpg files on the Xoom. Then see if they show up on the local system file or not.
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    Yes, but if you have that hooked to your gmail account, it will still take those pictures and sync them with the online account. If you use a file browser, try to search around inside the DCIM or pictures folders and I'll bet you won't find them on your system.
    Or, download and try using something like Astro file manager and do a search for the pictures. If they are xxxxx.jpg files, just type in (no quotes) "*.jpg" and it will search for all jpg files on the Xoom. Then see if they show up on the local system file or not.
    They do, the whole folder does. AND I succeed in deleting them properly within a QuickPic app. The thing is I like the stock Gallery app UI better, but the glitch of not being able to delete pics properly seems to be the glitch of the very stock Gallery app.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom Gallery app won't delete pics "you can"

Quote Originally Posted by maxatma View Post
    They do, the whole folder does. AND I succeed in deleting them properly within a QuickPic app. The thing is I like the stock Gallery app UI better, but the glitch of not being able to delete pics properly seems to be the glitch of the very stock Gallery app.
    I have found out the way to delete bothe the images and any remaining albums. As gallery is linked to google + and Dropbox or Picasa which may have beeen set up on your account and the pictures are being re-shown on your device. If you go looking for them they may not be stored on your device, but you are seeing previews in the gallery of your online collection. If you are left with pcs or empty albums go to Google+, Picasa and delete the pics from there "whilst logged on to gallery", by doing this it then removes the pics/videos and any empty albums you select. Also you need to go into the Google+, Picasa settings and stop the auto transfer actions. You can also as a clean up measure download and use Astro file manager, search for pictures and videos, then delete what you dont want.

Remove Ads

Ads