• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Auto-rotate screen no longer works.

This is a discussion on Auto-rotate screen no longer works. within the Motorola Xoom Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Good Morning, I have a 32GB WiFi Xoom, two weeks old with Android 3.2, kernel 2.6.36.3-gb899528, build version HTJ85B. Not rooted. The screen settings are ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Auto-rotate screen no longer works.

Good Morning,

I have a 32GB WiFi Xoom, two weeks old with Android 3.2, kernel 2.6.36.3-gb899528, build version HTJ85B. Not rooted.

The screen settings are set to allow auto-rotation, but this stopped working a couple of days ago. I have unchecked and rechecked the "Auto-rotate screen" box in screen settings, done a Up Volume / Power reset and several normal reboots. There are no other issues I can see. Everything works, but it is stuck in landscape mode.

Anyone else have this issue? Are there any test apps to validate the hardware?

Cheers.

Shad

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2218 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by shadragon View Post
    Good Morning,

I have a 32GB WiFi Xoom, two weeks old with Android 3.2, kernel 2.6.36.3-gb899528, build version HTJ85B. Not rooted.

The screen settings are set to allow auto-rotation, but this stopped working a couple of days ago. I have unchecked and rechecked the "Auto-rotate screen" box in screen settings, done a Up Volume / Power reset and several normal reboots. There are no other issues I can see. Everything works, but it is stuck in landscape mode.

Anyone else have this issue? Are there any test apps to validate the hardware?

Cheers.

Shad
    Welcome to the forum.You may have to do a factory data reset, this will wipe your device so if you have any pictures, movies or music you should copy those files to your computer. Menu>settings>privacy>factory data rest. Make sure the two options in privacy are checked - backup my data and automatic restore, so when you sign back in to google your apps will be redownloaded.
    Last edited by ggrant3876; 08-12-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Morning,

Factory Reset done and no change. Screen still does not rotate automatically. It does move on occasion, but it is VERY hit or miss.

Are there any hardware test apps out there?

Thanks.

gvj
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i brought a motorola xoom family ed today. but found that there is no auto-rotation option under the scren settings. what shall i do now to get the screen rotated auto?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2218 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by gvj View Post
    i brought a motorola xoom family ed today. but found that there is no auto-rotation option under the scren settings. what shall i do now to get the screen rotated auto?
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us. I'd post in the XFE thread so it would get more notice.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    451 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    Quote Originally Posted by gvj View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Theres a physical button on the device.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My Auto Rotation worked exactly how it was supposed to until the April update. Now it rotates even when the auto rotation is turned off. This can be very frustrating when I am laying on the sofa or in bed and watching Netflix or reading and when I turn, it turns with me when it's not supposed to. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried the reboots and all that has been posted above me here. Or do I have to wait for another update?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by MelaMom View Post
    My Auto Rotation worked exactly how it was supposed to until the April update. Now it rotates even when the auto rotation is turned off. This can be very frustrating when I am laying on the sofa or in bed and watching Netflix or reading and when I turn, it turns with me when it's not supposed to. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried the reboots and all that has been posted above me here. Or do I have to wait for another update?
    Have you try as ggrant3876 suggestion?
    As quoted below:
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.You may have to do a factory data reset, this will wipe your device so if you have any pictures, movies or music you should copy those files to your computer. Menu>settings>privacy>factory data rest. Make sure the two options in privacy are checked - backup my data and automatic restore, so when you sign back in to google your apps will be redownloaded.
    Hope it help and keep us posted

Ads