• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Android tablets built into Indian buses

This is a discussion on Android tablets built into Indian buses within the Motorola Xoom News forums, part of the Motorola Xoom News & Site News category; Lookout dub rolling Escalades and high class airliner planes cause it looks like buses are going to be the new mode of transportation to have ...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum

Android tablets built into Indian buses

Lookout dub rolling Escalades and high class airliner planes cause it looks like buses are going to be the new mode of transportation to have integrated screens in their headrests. And not just any screen, but an Android tablet screen! Thatís right, buses in India are now sporting 7″ touch screens that run their own customized Android interface that allows users to login and do the normal things you would do on an Android tablet, such as view maps, watch video, listen to music, or log into your bank account (although I highly discourage the latter). Whatís nice is that itís a free service, and Iíll give you 1 guess how itís all possibleÖ by serving your advertising!
    Still, this is a nice addition to your morning commute should you use the bus, and as long as people donít hack them out of the headrests or hack the system itself, I can see this as a great use of Android in the future for public transportation. Hit the jump to see some additional video footage of it in action.

talkandroid

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Twitter
    TRAV29
    Wow, just wow.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Bet I could get an Indian to pull one of these things out of the seat and FedEx it to me for WAY less than $799. Verizon would still probably make me sign up for a data plan.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum
    Quote Originally Posted by WTXDroid View Post
    Bet I could get an Indian to pull one of these things out of the seat and FedEx it to me for WAY less than $799. Verizon would still probably make me sign up for a data plan.
    Brilliant idea!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WTXDroid View Post
    Just send him the money for a box cutter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads