Costco getting ready for the Motorola Xoom on Feb. 24
If you're waiting for the Motorola Xoom, and a Costco member, Feb 24 looks to be a lucky day. A tipster just sent us in this image of an internal Costco doc all about the new Honeycomb tablet, complete with a few juicy details:
While pricing would have been nice, it seems like nobody has a straight answer for that one.
- Wireless reps at Costco will be receiving their demo device on on or about Feb 22.
- A pallate full 'o Xoom will be shipped to each store for display on Feb 24.
- You'll be forced to sign up for at least a month-to-month or pay as you go plan before they will sell it to you.
- And maybe most interesting -- they'll have 10 reasons why you should ditch the iPad.
02-15-2011 04:17 PM
Wow, I knew that Costco was eventually going to sell the tablet but the 24th? That is great since Verizon has no information as to when it will be sold in Verizon stores. The one advantage to buying at Costco is the return policy. I think it is 90 days. BB is 14 days. Big difference.
Nice! I knew my costco membership would pay for something awesome other than an economy size vat of chicken noodle soup.!
I'll still be on line at Best Buy tomorrow to pre-order mine!!
Are you a Costco customer? If so, why on God's Green Earth would you buy from BB what the beloved Costco has? If you aren't a customer, then I'm sorry, GET A MEMBERSHIP!!!
Originally Posted by h1bR1d7hEoRy
Aside from the fact that I'm not a member and have NO desire or use for a membership:
Originally Posted by setite
1) I am a BB rewards zone member and since I'll be ordering 2 Xooms thats extra money I can use later.
2) Costco is not having a pre-sale.
I'll be heading to Best Buy tomorrow too