• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Media Confirmation: ICS Update Rolling Out to Motorola WiFI XOOM Tablets

This is a discussion on Media Confirmation: ICS Update Rolling Out to Motorola WiFI XOOM Tablets within the Motorola Xoom News forums, part of the Motorola Xoom News & Site News category; Does ICS offer SD card support for the Xoom wifi? That's really the only reason why I've rooted my xoom so if I can access ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Media Confirmation: ICS Update Rolling Out to Motorola WiFI XOOM Tablets

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Does ICS offer SD card support for the Xoom wifi? That's really the only reason why I've rooted my xoom so if I can access the external SD card without it than I may go ahead and update.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    ChrisFrontRoyal
    Quote Originally Posted by rouzuki View Post
    Does ICS offer SD card support for the Xoom wifi? That's really the only reason why I've rooted my xoom so if I can access the external SD card without it than I may go ahead and update.
    As with Honeycomb, you can only write to external SD card with specific apps (e.g. File Manager HD), but can't rename, move, or delete. Need USB cable from PC to do that. This is not a shortcoming in the OS, but deliberate design by Motorola, as discussed in many other threads.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisonline View Post
    As with Honeycomb, you can only write to external SD card with specific apps (e.g. File Manager HD), but can't rename, move, or delete. Need USB cable from PC to do that. This is not a shortcoming in the OS, but deliberate design by Motorola, as discussed in many other threads.
    Looks like Motorola doesn't want my money for a Xoom 2. Oh well, guess i'll stay rooted until an ICS root comes along.

Thanks.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Spoke on the the online chat to a Moto 'support person' (loosely termed) and the consensus was they knew nothing about the roll out of ICS in UK (or anywhere else as far as I could tell).... what a disgraceful situation. Asus however are even advertising the roll-out of ICS 'soon' for the old Transformer now - I bet they get it before the rest of us (and those like me with the most expensive 3G UK version will be the VERY LAST I bet!!!).

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my ICS update last Thursday night. I can write and read off the SD card, but I can't delete data from it. Weird. I heard that if you root your ICS you can fix the permissions issue. I'm running stock ICS, but when Cyanogen is ready I'll root and run their rom.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by mpompey View Post
    I got my ICS update last Thursday night. I can write and read off the SD card, but I can't delete data from it. Weird. I heard that if you root your ICS you can fix the permissions issue. I'm running stock ICS, but when Cyanogen is ready I'll root and run their rom.
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamElphick View Post
    Spoke on the the online chat to a Moto 'support person' (loosely termed) and the consensus was they knew nothing about the roll out of ICS in UK (or anywhere else as far as I could tell).... what a disgraceful situation. Asus however are even advertising the roll-out of ICS 'soon' for the old Transformer now - I bet they get it before the rest of us (and those like me with the most expensive 3G UK version will be the VERY LAST I bet!!!).
    At least you WILL get it. Think of all the poor people that have spent hundreds of pounds and will NEVER see ICS

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Like who?

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i know this may sound a silly question but, whats the difference between the us wifi only xoom and the uk and other country versions other than keyboard, language, dictionaries and market app, because if thats all surely it shouldnt take that long for everyone with a wifi only xoom to get ics?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Motorola handle the updates for all non US xooms, US xooms are all Google Experience devices, updated directly by google.

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads