• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola XOOM Owners, Here is a Tegra 2 Flash 10.1 File to Try

This is a discussion on Motorola XOOM Owners, Here is a Tegra 2 Flash 10.1 File to Try within the Motorola Xoom News forums, part of the Motorola Xoom News & Site News category; By now you’ve already heard news that the Motorola XOOM won’t launch with Flash 10.1 enabled and will instead see it via market download some ...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum

Motorola XOOM Owners, Here is a Tegra 2 Flash 10.1 File to Try

By now you’ve already heard news that the Motorola XOOM won’t launch with Flash 10.1 enabled and will instead see it via market download some time this spring? Well, we may have just been handed an .apk that can be tried on Thursday should you be going forward with your purchase to give you a Flash experience right away. A Flash 10.1 version for Tegra 2 devices popped up over at XDA and while it says that it’s made for Froyo, we’ll be testing it on our XOOM to see if it works. While I can’t recommend that you try this because we have no idea what the effects could be, we’re just giving it to you as an option.

Download: Flash-10.1.120.1.apk

And remember, you should NOT download Flash from the market once you get your XOOM because it runs on a Tegra 2 processor and is not compatible with 10.1.106.16. Adobe has added notations to the market version to remind you of this…
    It SHOULD NOT be installed on devices/tablets with the NVIDIA Tegra 2 super chip including the LG Optimus 2X, Dell Streak 7 and Motorola ATRIX. The pre-installed version of Flash Player is optimized for Tegra 2. Future updates will include these optimizations. If you are unsure as to whether your device includes the NVIDIA Tegra 2, please consult your device owner’s manual.

UPDATE:
    In a blog post that went up just an hour ago, they announced that Flash 10.2 (instead of 10.1) will be available within a few weeks…
    Adobe will offer Flash Player 10.2 preinstalled on some tablets and as an OTA download on others within a few weeks of Android 3 (Honeycomb) devices becoming available, the first of which is expected to be the Motorola Xoom.
    While it still won’t be pre-installed, and our full web experience will be crippled for a bit, at least we have some sort of idea as to when we can expect an update. A “few weeks” may not be as specific as we’d like, but it sure sounds a lot better than “Spring 2011.”

droidlife
    Last edited by wicked; 02-22-2011 at 12:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So how much are they discounting the price due to the fact that a major advertised feature will only work at the time of purchase, maybe, if the consumer installs unofficial software off the internet? What, no discount, you say? Why, that hardly sounds right!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    crawford714
    What would the worse that could happen if you tried to install the Froyo Flash?

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    CZonin
    Great find! Will try this as soon as I get mine.
    Motorola Xoom
    Overclocked @ 1.5Ghz
    65 MFLOPS

If you like my posts and think I have been helpful don't forget to hit the "like" button!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    OK installed this flash file and it shows as installed but doesn't work. Thanks for trying!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Any others tried this Flash and gotten it to work on their new Xoom? After thinking about what a huge amazing deal it was to get Flash working on my phone, and then thinking about how very rarely I actually ever use it, I doubt it will be much of an inconvenience to wait for a couple of weeks for 10.2 But at the same time if it looks like this there is a 10.1 solution for the Xoom, I'd probably use it.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried to download it and when complete I tried to load it. But got a failure trying to parse the package, or something like that. Without flash I can't play videos in Facebook or watch game time in MLB.com. I want my flash

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Parsing errors could be a browser issue. But with no real alternative we're just going to have to wait.

Remove Ads

Ads