• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

This is a discussion on Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2 within the Motorola Xoom News forums, part of the Motorola Xoom News & Site News category; It looks like Google couldn't wait to share their excitement despite hurricane Sandy ruining their press event. They went ahead and launched their new Nexus ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cazza

Thread: Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

It looks like Google couldn't wait to share their excitement despite hurricane Sandy ruining their press event. They went ahead and launched their new Nexus lineup on their Google Blog. Here's the summary, which confirms nearly every rumor we heard previously:
    • First, they are launching a 32GB Nexus 7 tablet after-all. It will be at the $249.99 price point, replacing the 16GB model at that price point. The 16GB model moves downward, replacing the 8GB model at the $199.99 price point.
    • Second, Google is indeed launching their newest version of Android Jelly Bean, version 4.2.
    • Third, Google is launching the new Nexus 4 smartphone, manufactured by LG with this new OS.
    • Fourth, Google is launching the new Nexus 10 Android Tablet.

Here are the details below on the pricing structure. You will notice that some of these prices are extremely competitive, especially the new Nexus 10 tablet.
    • Nexus 4: 8GB for $299; 16GB for $349; available unlocked and without a contract on 11/13 on the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada. The 16GB version will also be available through T-Mobile for $199, with a 2-year contract (check here for more details).
    • Nexus 7: 16GB for $199 and 32GB for $249; available in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan, and also through our retail partners Gamestop, Office Depot, Office Max, Staples and Walmart.
    • Nexus 7 with 32GB and mobile data: $299 and unlocked, on sale 11/13 in the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada.
    • Nexus 10: 16GB for $399; 32GB for $499; available on 11/13 in the Google Play Store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan.
    The rumored specs on the Nexus 4 pretty much turned out to be dead-on, and as you can see above, it comes in two varieties, 8GB and 16GB. Of course we already know the specs of the 32GB Nexus 7. Coming up in a bit we will have a separate story with full specs of the new Nexus 10 "iPad killer."

Finally, Android 4.2 will have a host of new intriguing features, including improved photo sharing, gesture typing and more. You can check out the full array of new features here: Android - What's New

Source: GoogleBlog

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    nexus 4 here i come.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    I'm looking at the Nexus 4 and the Nexus 10.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Like the sound of nexus 4, have to say I've been really pleased with my nexus 7.

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cazza View Post
    Like the sound of nexus 4, have to say I've been really pleased with my nexus 7.
    Have you rooted it yet Cazza?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Quote Originally Posted by zigackly View Post
    Have you rooted it yet Cazza?
    zigackly likes this.

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Has anyone heard if they will sell what is left in stock on the nexus 7 8gb? I want to get one for my dad, he wants a basic tab for internet browsing from his chair. I figured the nexus 7 8gb would be perfect with a price drop.
    Troy Chapman

Motorola US WiFi Xoom
    Android JB 4.1.2
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Android ICS 4.0.4 (.215 leak)

Remove Ads

Ads