• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola XOOM 3.1 Update Has Started in Europe, includes SD card activation

This is a discussion on Motorola XOOM 3.1 Update Has Started in Europe, includes SD card activation within the Motorola Xoom News forums, part of the Motorola Xoom News & Site News category; Originally Posted by cloudy616 Australia is still waiting............................ Besides, it is widely camplained that lots of apps do not work well under 3.1 and some ...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 153
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Motorola XOOM 3.1 Update Has Started in Europe, includes SD card activation

  1. #61
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    4986
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    12,110
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudy616 View Post
    Australia is still waiting............................
    Besides, it is widely camplained that lots of apps do not work well under 3.1 and some US versions havent activated the usb host after upgrading.
    I can only speak for myself but 3.1 was a major performance improvement and I have had no compatibility issues.
    Krowwf likes this.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #62
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    3961
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RuFfEndZ View Post
    Right, it's been a week since they (Motorola) announced that the Non-US update rollout had started.
    has anyone on this forum actually received the update yet?
    If you have, where?
    not had any update yet and also getting fed up with browser crashes and lack of SD card support, wish they would hurry up and roll out the update grrrrr.

  4. #63
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    5360
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    202
    Liked
    33 times
    What really pees me off is that Motorola can only say.......next several weeks........or.........coming soon...........

    It they had a supplier who only quoted that with the excuse that "if we miss delivery date you would get upset" as quoted by them many times then they would drop that supplier like a hot brick.

    However if we complain about lack of delivery date we just get ignored, after all they have our money so why care.....

    I love the hardware but the support is way beyond rubbish.

    To top it off even though their web site says its 4G/LTE compatable for Europe they say upgrade is to be Verizon only.....Android Tablet PC - MOTOROLA XOOM - Experience - Motorola Mobility, Inc. United Kingdom select compare and it quotes 4G LTE

    Yet again we outside the US are getting shafted.

    First we wern't told its not a "Google Experience Device" now we find out that they on one hand say 4G and on the other say its not.

    Wish they could be honest with their information that they give us.....
    Shadoe likes this.

  5. #64
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    6965
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    west yorks, england
    Posts
    24
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    nos
    wish i never bothered with xoom' seems to me its just as controlled a device as the ipad, seems like i wasted all my time effort and money

  6. #65
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    2705
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mally.smith View Post
    wish i never bothered with xoom' seems to me its just as controlled a device as the ipad, seems like i wasted all my time effort and money

    Im feel the same (especially for browsing + apps are steadily improving). I feel thought that buying an ipad 2 would have been a much better investment at this point. Its quite simply a joke that Canada and the rest of the world are still waiting for this dam update.
    AndroidBaby likes this.

  7. #66
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    1798
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gulf coast, usa
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm disgusted as well. I had the crazy idea that since Android and Honeycomb were a Linux based device that there would be some compatibility with Ubuntu, lol. The force closes on the cheap apps is aggravating to say the least.

  8. #67
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    9203
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTed View Post
    What really pees me off is that Motorola can only say.......next several weeks........or.........coming soon...........

    It they had a supplier who only quoted that with the excuse that "if we miss delivery date you would get upset" as quoted by them many times then they would drop that supplier like a hot brick.

    However if we complain about lack of delivery date we just get ignored, after all they have our money so why care.....

    I love the hardware but the support is way beyond rubbish.

    To top it off even though their web site says its 4G/LTE compatable for Europe they say upgrade is to be Verizon only.....Android Tablet PC - MOTOROLA XOOM - Experience - Motorola Mobility, Inc. United Kingdom select compare and it quotes 4G LTE

    Yet again we outside the US are getting shafted.

    First we wern't told its not a "Google Experience Device" now we find out that they on one hand say 4G and on the other say its not.

    Wish they could be honest with their information that they give us.....
    sorry if im being stupid but what's a google experience device? ???

  9. #68
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    4986
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    12,110
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    Quote Originally Posted by owenstoodstill View Post
    sorry if im being stupid but what's a google experience device? ???
    It's a device that the OEM is obligated to leave pure Google.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

  10. #69
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    6002
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RuFfEndZ View Post
    Right, it's been a week since they (Motorola) announced that the Non-US update rollout had started.
    has anyone on this forum actually received the update yet?
    If you have, where?
    UK here and still nothing ....aaarrrgghh

  11. #70
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    6607
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    139
    Liked
    4 times
    I am beginning to think I made a mistake buying a Xoom and maybe should have got an ipad 2.

    I wish I knew exactly when this upgrade was coming because if it is a long wait, I will consider rooting and flashing with one of the firmwares out there.
    Especially interested in the overclock.
    AndroidBaby


 
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. XOOM and Europe is getting worse!!
    By NoctisV2 in forum Non U.S. Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 06:36 PM
  2. Does the Xoom update enable the MicroSD card?
    By PaseMkr in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 01:25 PM
  3. When is Motorola going to do the 4G activation?
    By Zammo in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 10:58 AM
  4. sd card slot activation
    By lowcal in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 09:33 AM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:00 PM

Search tags for this page

motorola xoom 3.1 download
,
motorola xoom 3.1 sd card
,
motorola xoom europe update
,

motorola xoom sd card update download

,

sd card xoom 3.1

,
update xoom europe
,

xoom 3.1 europe

,
xoom 3.1 sd
,

xoom 3.1 sd card

,

xoom 3.1 update

,
xoom 3.1 update europe
,
xoom europe update
,
xoom ht85b
,
xoom sd card 3.1
,

xoom sd card activation

,

xoom sd card update 3.1

,
xoom sd card update download
,
xoom update 3.1 europe
,

xoom update europe

,

xoom update for sd card

Click on a term to search for related topics.