• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google video only sees mp4 Help!

This is a discussion on Google video only sees mp4 Help! within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a fix so google video program sees more than mp4 format....

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Google video only sees mp4 Help!

Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a fix so google video program sees more than mp4 format.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    What's Google video?

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by saninocencioj View Post
    Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a fix so google video program sees more than mp4 format.
    No fix. Google Video uses the internal hardware for video playback which has only support for a limited number of video formats. In order to be able to play other formats, such as avi and mkv, you will have to use a different video player, such as MoboPlayer or MX Player from the market, or convert your video files to MP4 format so Google Video will be able to play them for you.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Youtube flv downloader pro is an all-in-one YouTube downloader and FLV converter software, which is powerful to download and convert YouTube FLV video or other Internet videos from YouTube, Google, MSN, Facebook, Veoh, Boxee, NBA, ABC, CBS, Fox and more video-sharing websites with fast downloading and conversion speed.

hope this tool can help you

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    Hate It
    I have tried some of the other apps and they work fine for other video formats. I gave up and just convert all my videos to MP4, although I keep DoubleTwist installed just in case.
    Adios XOOM it has been, well an experience
    iMac i5 OS 10.x

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I do not understand why I can not shoot video on a micro card with my gopro, put the micro sd in the xoom and watch it.

I have tried several other players but the sd card is being treated as though there are not any videos on it.

Ideas? firefitr@cxp.com

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    What format are the videos in?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the GoPro camera records in MPEG4 .mp4 using h.264 compression . i am having the same problem. 1080 p might be a problem for xoom. problem is choppy video and sound not synked . But it plays extremely well on my stock LG Viper.
    QQplayer, vplayer, xoom stock video player, and others, will not even play it. mobo and mx do but its choppy . maybe if i record in 720p it will play , i dont know, but that defeats the purpos of the high rez recording that makes the gopro so popular. one would think .mp4 is .mp4 , but apparently not. my xoom plays other mp4 vids.
    GoPro's site says and app comming next month. http://gopro.com/support/article/?21500171
    Last edited by ParanoidX2; 07-14-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    I've tried many 1080p videos and they just play all choppy. Best to keep it 720p and make sure your videos are in a format one of the players can read.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidX2 View Post
    the GoPro camera records in MPEG4 .mp4 using h.264 compression . i am having the same problem. 1080 p might be a problem for xoom. problem is choppy video and sound not synked . But it plays extremely well on my stock LG Viper.
    QQplayer, vplayer, xoom stock video player, and others, will not even play it. mobo and mx do but its choppy . maybe if i record in 720p it will play , i dont know, but that defeats the purpos of the high rez recording that makes the gopro so popular. one would think .mp4 is .mp4 , but apparently not. my xoom plays other mp4 vids.
    GoPro's site says and app comming next month. http://gopro.com/support/article/?21500171

The Xoom can play MP4 at 1080, however, as you already pointed out, not all MP4 files are equal.

The compression format, usually H264, used in MP4 files for video has 100's of different settings, and quite a few of the more advanced ones don't work well with the Tegra2 hardware decoding.
    Players like Mobo/MX/Dice include a software decoding engine, which enables support for formats that the video hardware decoder doesn't support, however especially with high-resolution video, the processor performance of the Xoom just isn't up to the task.

If your videos are compatible with the hardware video decoder, the Xoom can handle 1080 video with ease.

Remove Ads

Ads