• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom as a VIDEO monitor (not PC monitor)

This is a discussion on Xoom as a VIDEO monitor (not PC monitor) within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; Ok.. Greetings. First post. I have been searching everywhere for either an app or an app in development which will couple with a or any ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom as a VIDEO monitor (not PC monitor)

Ok.. Greetings. First post.

I have been searching everywhere for either an app or an app in development which will couple with a or any Composite/S-video to USB device which I can feed video to and view on my Xoom.

Basically I am looking to use an external camera with composite video output, and simply pump it into my Xoom for viewing. Recording would be cool, but not fully necessary.

Is this possible?

the many times I have asked on other forums, everyone seems to think I mean either transferring video files to my Xoom memory and playing them or that I mean streaming from the net or that i mean using the Xoom as an additional monitor for my PC or play video OUT from my Xoom.

no.. just simply Video Playback device (camera or DVR)---adaptor---USB port---Xoom (as monitor)

Can someone please help??
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by tjfitz007 View Post

I have been searching everywhere for either an app or an app in development which will couple with a or any Composite/S-video to USB device which I can feed video to and view on my Xoom.

Basically I am looking to use an external camera with composite video output, and simply pump it into my Xoom for viewing. Recording would be cool, but not fully necessary.

Is this possible?

the many times I have asked on other forums, everyone seems to think I mean either transferring video files to my Xoom memory and playing them or that I mean streaming from the net or that i mean using the Xoom as an additional monitor for my PC or play video OUT from my Xoom.

no.. just simply Video Playback device (camera or DVR)---adaptor---USB port---Xoom (as monitor)

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us. This has been discussed several times here and I think the consensus was that it's not possible.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    well.. given the useage applications for such a setup.. he/she/they who make it possible has some money in their future...

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    Feeding video to the Xoom, as G said, is not possible. However, there are some possible alternatives depending on your set up. If your camera has a SD slot, you can grab an Eye-Fi card, and it will transfer the picture you just took over WiFi and show up on your Xoom almost instantly. This may work for video, but I'm not sure. It may be your best and only shot at the moment.

I'm not sure if the USB port on the Xoom support video, and I don't know that much about the HDMI except that it outputs the Xoom to a TV/projector.

If you're talking about a Cannon DSLR, there is an app that will work with certain models. Let me see if I can find the link for that beta app...

*Here's the market link: https://market.android.com/details?i...ntroller&hl=en
    Last edited by Bazar6; 11-11-2011 at 02:10 PM.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by tjfitz007 View Post

Is this possible?

Thanks
    If you take out the adaptor and USB port and make it wireless, you are talking Slingbox.

Depending on the model Slingbox you pick up, you just connect your dvr/camera to that, then access them using an app on the Xoom over wifi and even 3G/4G

Slingbox.com - Slingbox PRO-HD Connections

Remove Ads

Ads