• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What (movie/tv) have you actually watched on your Xoom? (usage scenarios)

This is a discussion on What (movie/tv) have you actually watched on your Xoom? (usage scenarios) within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; There is already a thread about what people actually have on their Xoom, but if you are a movie hoarder like me, you never actually ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What (movie/tv) have you actually watched on your Xoom? (usage scenarios)

dvdcatalyst

What (movie/tv) have you actually watched on your Xoom? (usage scenarios)

There is already a thread about what people actually have on their Xoom, but if you are a movie hoarder like me, you never actually end up watching whatever you stick on it.

So, to get an idea of if people actually use their Xoom a lot for watching movies and TV shows, I figured I'd start a thread for what people actually watch on their xoom, and a how/where.

For me, I actually use my Xoom at home, and use it more for movies than that I watch DVDs or movies on the actual TV. My wife is into a gazilion of shows that I absolutely have no interest in, and she doesn't like my movie taste at all, so we both watch our own content.
    I use the Xoom with a Bose QC1.5 headset, so most of the noise generated by the TV is filtered out.

So far, I've watched the following on my Xoom:

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Gladiator, Flyboys, Red Baron, Inception, Fast & Furious 1 & 2, and a few seasons of Hogans Heroes

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    I have watched a little bit of the first episode of Lost. I didn't get passed the first ten minutes of it. I am deciding if I want to go ahead and get all of the seasons. I have never seen it before.
    I watched some Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder movies. It was a three pack at Wally World.
    I usually watch them when I am cooking.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I have watched a little bit of the first episode of Lost. I didn't get passed the first ten minutes of it. I am deciding if I want to go ahead and get all of the seasons. I have never seen it before.
    I watched some Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder movies. It was a three pack at Wally World.
    I usually watch them when I am cooking.
    Lost is actually pretty cool until you get to season 3. Then it turns a bit crazy, and you really have to keep track of what is going on, but the first 2 seasons are great.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Have watched Hitman, V for Vendetta, Hall Pass, and getting ready to watch Death Race 1 and/or 2

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdcatalyst View Post
    Lost is actually pretty cool until you get to season 3. Then it turns a bit crazy, and you really have to keep track of what is going on, but the first 2 seasons are great.
    If I had about 80gb of space I would drop all of Northern Exposure on there, but I guess I will have to do it season by season lol.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    I like videos on the BIG screen but bring up a movie when I am just sitting around. I wanted to test the new DVDcat black boarders features on a VM with 4 processor and it ripped it at over 5x on a virtual machine. Fast forwarded Gladiator to all the fight scenes. Seen that movie 20 times but still love it.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Debian Dog View Post
    I like videos on the BIG screen but bring up a movie when I am just sitting around. I wanted to test the new DVDcat black boarders features on a VM with 4 processor and it ripped it at over 5x on a virtual machine. Fast forwarded Gladiator to all the fight scenes. Seen that movie 20 times but still love it.
    Gladiator is one of my favorites for sure. Death Race 2 fas also a very nice surprise when it came out, I was unaware of it coming out, and while I was expecting it to be a crappy money-grubbing release, it was actually quite good

5x on a VM is pretty impressive. No bootcamp?

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    I NEED HITMAN 2 to have come out. I've watched that movie NO less than 500 times. Man I would have loved the sequel. The bourne trilogy will just have to do. I'd love a revisit of V for Vendetta, if it were remotely possible seeing how the main character is dead.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    I watched a bunch of episodes of ER as well as Boston Medical on a recent round trip flight between Japan and the US. At minimum brightness the battery lasted me just over 10 hours with a little life to spare.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    ^^^ very nice!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads