• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Movie Studio - looking for tips, examples, feedback, etc.

This is a discussion on Movie Studio - looking for tips, examples, feedback, etc. within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; I played with this for an evening splicing movies and stills together with various effects. It was an ugly user nightmare so I never used ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    I played with this for an evening splicing movies and stills together with various effects.

It was an ugly user nightmare so I never used it again.. I know it doesn't help you just my 2c.
    If it was slicker and worked I'd be all over it for exactly the same reasons as you.

Sent from my favourite piece of gadge.
    GEDified.... xoom to be donated to the kids....maybe.....probably

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    It seems that we'll see an upgrade of this app when 3.2 rolls out. Hopefully it'll be a significant upgrade.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Here's hoping certainly has some nice features just a pig to use.

Sent from my favourite piece of gadge.
    GEDified.... xoom to be donated to the kids....maybe.....probably

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I just received the 3.2 patch, and now Movie Studio doesn't work. Not much of an upgrade.

It allows me to open existing projects and create new ones, but I can't add anything. When I try to the screen simply dims...nothing else happens.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Anyone else having problems with movie studio? I haven't got 3.2 yet so can't check.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachXoom View Post
    I just received the 3.2 patch, and now Movie Studio doesn't work. Not much of an upgrade.

It allows me to open existing projects and create new ones, but I can't add anything. When I try to the screen simply dims...nothing else happens.

Anyone else having the same issue?
    When the screen dims try changing the Xooms orientation, this works for market problems and others. Mine works fine here on 3.2.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Thanks Grant.

I can't tell what, if anything, they upgraded in 3.2, but I've been spending some decent time in Movie Studio recently and it's seemed less prone to crashing than before. In addition, knock on wood, I have yet to have any of my videos "get corrupted", meaning I get an error when I attempt to export them.

There are still quite a few things they need to fix and upgrade, but at least for now the thing works.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachXoom View Post
    Thanks Grant.

I can't tell what, if anything, they upgraded in 3.2, but I've been spending some decent time in Movie Studio recently and it's seemed less prone to crashing than before. In addition, knock on wood, I have yet to have any of my videos "get corrupted", meaning I get an error when I attempt to export them.

There are still quite a few things they need to fix and upgrade, but at least for now the thing works.
    4 days later and the movie I'm currently working on has corrupted. I can no longer edit it or export it.

It's clear that Movie Studio is a glitchy mess with a rough UI. What's not clear is why Android gave ir the go ahead to be released. The app is almost unusable, so why even include it on the device?

What's frustrating is Movie Studio was one of the prime reasons I purchased the Xoom, and it's useless!

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Is there no other movie editing app for the Xoom?

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zammo View Post
    Is there no other movie editing app for the Xoom?
    I've only found applications that will allow you to trim video, or other small functions. I'm unaware of any Android apps that allow you to "create" a movie using three types of media - photographs, video, and audio. If there are any out there, I'd love to hear about them.

A huge reason I bought the Xoom was to have a kind powerful mobile multimedia device with me. I use it to shoot a good amount of photographs and videos of my family, in particular my baby daughter. When I go on trips with family, which is often, I use the Xoom to shoot photos/videos and then put together a short 3-5 minute video which I share with my family.

Movie Studio, when I heard it and saw it pitched before the Xoom came out, seemed perfect for my needs. And when I snapped up the Xoom and first started playing with Movie Studio I wasn't totally upset about the clunky UI and overall lack of features because it still actually worked. Now that I'm using it more often, I'm realizing that the application is fundamentally broken. What good is the ability to take a ton of photographs and video, spend 2 hours editing it, and then have an error pop-up that isn't clear as to why it even happened?

I'd understand if I was told that it doesn't support files over 4 minutes, or if you make a specific transition right after another there is an issue. But in my cases, I've done nothing but shut off my Xoom, turn it back on, and the video that was editable and exportable is now useless. I can see the timeline. I can see the transitions, the audio, etc., but I can't play it, I can't export it (an error message pops up), and I can't share it. The only option I have is to attempt to replicate the movie again and hope it doesn't get corrupted.

Unacceptable for an application pitched as it was before the Xoom (and honeycomb) was released. I'm still shocked at the lack of feedback on Movie Studio. Do a search online and all you can find is the press releases and a handful of basic "how to" videos. I can't find any support areas, any forums or threads dedicated to issues/tricks/tips, nothing. I can't believe that so few people actually use it. Perhaps most people try it once, and it either crashes or is simply too clunky for them to deal with, and they simply move on.

Regardless, I want an app that works. Please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads