• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Movie Studio - looking for tips, examples, feedback, etc.

This is a discussion on Movie Studio - looking for tips, examples, feedback, etc. within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; Originally Posted by BeachXoom I've only found applications that will allow you to trim video, or other small functions. I'm unaware of any Android apps ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    ChrisFrontRoyal
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachXoom View Post
    I've only found applications that will allow you to trim video, or other small functions. I'm unaware of any Android apps that allow you to "create" a movie using three types of media - photographs, video, and audio. If there are any out there, I'd love to hear about them.

A huge reason I bought the Xoom was to have a kind powerful mobile multimedia device with me. I use it to shoot a good amount of photographs and videos of my family, in particular my baby daughter. When I go on trips with family, which is often, I use the Xoom to shoot photos/videos and then put together a short 3-5 minute video which I share with my family.

Movie Studio, when I heard it and saw it pitched before the Xoom came out, seemed perfect for my needs. And when I snapped up the Xoom and first started playing with Movie Studio I wasn't totally upset about the clunky UI and overall lack of features because it still actually worked. Now that I'm using it more often, I'm realizing that the application is fundamentally broken. What good is the ability to take a ton of photographs and video, spend 2 hours editing it, and then have an error pop-up that isn't clear as to why it even happened?

I'd understand if I was told that it doesn't support files over 4 minutes, or if you make a specific transition right after another there is an issue. But in my cases, I've done nothing but shut off my Xoom, turn it back on, and the video that was editable and exportable is now useless. I can see the timeline. I can see the transitions, the audio, etc., but I can't play it, I can't export it (an error message pops up), and I can't share it. The only option I have is to attempt to replicate the movie again and hope it doesn't get corrupted.

Unacceptable for an application pitched as it was before the Xoom (and honeycomb) was released. I'm still shocked at the lack of feedback on Movie Studio. Do a search online and all you can find is the press releases and a handful of basic "how to" videos. I can't find any support areas, any forums or threads dedicated to issues/tricks/tips, nothing. I can't believe that so few people actually use it. Perhaps most people try it once, and it either crashes or is simply too clunky for them to deal with, and they simply move on.

Regardless, I want an app that works. Please.
    Have you reported this to Google? I support and understand your complaint, but raising it in this forum wont necessarily get any action. I'm not sure of the correct channel for routing feedback and requests to official Google native apps.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisonline View Post
    Have you reported this to Google? I support and understand your complaint, but raising it in this forum wont necessarily get any action. I'm not sure of the correct channel for routing feedback and requests to official Google native apps.
    I agree, I don't have any allusions that sharing my experiences and feelings about this app will have an impact on its developement. I habe not reached out to Google since, like you, I've no idea what the correct channel is. I'm still surprised that there is so little data on the app online, since I assume (perhaps oncorrectly) if there was a good amount of constructive feedback on the app it'd surface.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey my friend, I too have been trying to export and upload from this program with much frustration. I have discovered this following though. It said it exported, but when I tried to play the movie on xoom it told me that it was not in a format it could play. What!!!!???!!!!! Well I exported it again, but this time I watched over it. It took so long I put the thing down. When it changed orientation it stopped. The next time I held it vertically with a steady hand, but the display started to dim to sleep so I touched it, the thing stopped. I realized I touched it outside the center box that shows the uploading progress. So I held it vertical and when it began to dim I only touched it in the little box in the middle of the screen to keep it from going to sleep. It worked. It downloaded and I can see and play it from the gallery. I am still however trying to find the magic process to get it to upload it to youtube. If I find it I will let you know. I too wanted to use this to travel. I am a minister who was hoping to show shots of my travel to my congregation. I am very frustrated at this point. I wish you better luck. Hope this helps.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    You could always set the screen time out to 30 minutes or plug the Xoom into your TV and then the screen won't time out and then the convertion should hopefully work without having to mess around with the screen.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't even import audio, video or pictures to my timeline. The screen just goes dim. as if it's thinking about it.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have not tried to export but when trying to use it to put together 4 small video clips from the gallery it let me put in two then I get a message that the video cannot be added when I get to the third & 4th. they are each under a minute so not big. stinks.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by steviee7 View Post
    I can't even import audio, video or pictures to my timeline. The screen just goes dim. as if it's thinking about it.

Sometimes when an app does this I can flip the screen to portrait and I get another option window pop up.
    Last edited by Zammo; 11-23-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I haven't had any luck with avi files, either. To get around this, I use Pinnacle to convert them to 3pp files, which can be used in Movie Studio. In Pinnacle, I have to use a custom setting for the quality because the standard setting is much too small. I'm sure there are other, maybe easier, ways to convert to 3pp, but Pinnacle does the job. I use this to create polished intros and credits for later use in my Movie Studio videos.
    There are a few things that I'm struggling with about Movie Studio (using an Acer Iconica A100). 1. No splicing. 2. Audio can't be edited within Movie Studio, also can't add multiple songs onto the track. It repeats the same song. 3. Can't remove mute audio on Video tracks.
    Does anyone know if there will be updates made available?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNichols View Post
    I haven't had any luck with avi files, either. To get around this, I use Pinnacle to convert them to 3pp files, which can be used in Movie Studio. In Pinnacle, I have to use a custom setting for the quality because the standard setting is much too small. I'm sure there are other, maybe easier, ways to convert to 3pp, but Pinnacle does the job. I use this to create polished intros and credits for later use in my Movie Studio videos.
    There are a few things that I'm struggling with about Movie Studio (using an Acer Iconica A100). 1. No splicing. 2. Audio can't be edited within Movie Studio, also can't add multiple songs onto the track. It repeats the same song. 3. Can't remove mute audio on Video tracks.
    Does anyone know if there will be updates made available?
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads