• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to : DVD & Video to Xoom with DVD Catalyst 4

This is a discussion on How to : DVD & Video to Xoom with DVD Catalyst 4 within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; I just said screw it, I bought it and I am installing now. I have been a huge fan of hand brake for a while, ...

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: How to : DVD & Video to Xoom with DVD Catalyst 4

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I just said screw it, I bought it and I am installing now. I have been a huge fan of hand brake for a while, but just can't figure out the presets, or adding new ones. So I am going tontru this and are 9 bucks why not

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what tomorrow brings,
    I only know what I bring tomorrow"

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Catalyst is awesome, bought it last night and had Red Dawn on my Xoom an hour later at XoomHQ!! Niiiiice... keep up the awesome work, 5 thumbs up high five from Jesus.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    For some reason, I xoom fast setting makes the files signifacntly larger for more than just just xoom setting. Any ideas

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by harleydad09 View Post
    For some reason, I xoom fast setting makes the files signifacntly larger for more than just just xoom setting. Any ideas
    Hi Harleydad,

Is the filesize of the created files a lot larger than what DVD Catalyst estimates it to be, or, if you are converting video files, is the created file larger than the original file?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mitch,
    The source file is in th 600 MB range (AVI) in the Xoom setting, it converts to 1.6 gig and in the xoom fast is it 2.2 gig

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by harleydad09 View Post
    Mitch,
    The source file is in th 600 MB range (AVI) in the Xoom setting, it converts to 1.6 gig and in the xoom fast is it 2.2 gig
    The Xoom profile uses 1500Kbps, the Xoom (fast) uses 2250Kbps or something along those lines, resulting in the size difference. Because the Fast profile uses a lesser compression format, I compensated the quality difference in the bitrate.
    Your AVI file likely uses something like 600-700 Kbps. If you lower the bitrate in the profile to the same setting, you will run into codec difference (divx uses different compression techniques than h264 (xoom) and mpeg4 (xoom fast)) resulting in a quality loss, however, you could lower it to about 1000 (fast) or 800 (xoom), and the resulting video should look identical to your source video.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    @dvdcatalyst,

Does the program automatically take care of all the latest & greatest DVD encryption when we rip the DVDs or do I need to use another program like AnyDVD to get DVD Catalyst to rip the DVD to take care of the encryption on the DVD? I have read this thread with great interest and thank you in advance for the great support you are providing in this forum. I just got my Xoom device, so I will definitely be buying your software.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by fljoemon View Post
    @dvdcatalyst,

Does the program automatically take care of all the latest & greatest DVD encryption when we rip the DVDs or do I need to use another program like AnyDVD to get DVD Catalyst to rip the DVD to take care of the encryption on the DVD? I have read this thread with great interest and thank you in advance for the great support you are providing in this forum. I just got my Xoom device, so I will definitely be buying your software.
    It can handle most DVDs, however there are a few that are a bit picky.
    I have a "Problem DVD" section on my website where DVDs with issues and (if available) solutions are listed. If you do use AnyDVD, you will get a bonus in conversion speed though.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I apologize if this has been covered - I did try searching, but couldn't find the same scenario. I am trying to copy my (purchased) copy of Iron Man 2 to my Xoom. It's one of those funky movies that has "non standard DVD protection" - that is covered here:Non-standard DVD protection popup | Tools4Movies - Home of DVD Catalyst

Since the help file states "DVD Catalyst automatically selects the track with the longest playtime" - I looked to make sure this was the case, and it was not, by a couple minutes. So I instead selected the track with the longest playtime. Everything seemed to go well, but when I open the movie on the Xoom, there is no sound.
    I deleted the movie from the Xoom, and ran DVD Catalyst again, this time, letting the track selection default. Again, the movie seemed to copy, but no sound is present when played on the Xoom.

I have copied other movies to the Xoom successfully, so it seems to be a problem with this specific movie.

Any hints or suggestions? I am not an expert with this stuff - I am just trying to simply copy the movie to my Xoom for an upcoming trip. I have DVD Catalyst installed on a Win 7 laptop, and just have it set to the basic settings (output set to Android/Xoom).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by tdse View Post
    I apologize if this has been covered - I did try searching, but couldn't find the same scenario. I am trying to copy my (purchased) copy of Iron Man 2 to my Xoom. It's one of those funky movies that has "non standard DVD protection" - that is covered here:Non-standard DVD protection popup | Tools4Movies - Home of DVD Catalyst

Since the help file states "DVD Catalyst automatically selects the track with the longest playtime" - I looked to make sure this was the case, and it was not, by a couple minutes. So I instead selected the track with the longest playtime. Everything seemed to go well, but when I open the movie on the Xoom, there is no sound.
    I deleted the movie from the Xoom, and ran DVD Catalyst again, this time, letting the track selection default. Again, the movie seemed to copy, but no sound is present when played on the Xoom.

I have copied other movies to the Xoom successfully, so it seems to be a problem with this specific movie.

Any hints or suggestions? I am not an expert with this stuff - I am just trying to simply copy the movie to my Xoom for an upcoming trip. I have DVD Catalyst installed on a Win 7 laptop, and just have it set to the basic settings (output set to Android/Xoom).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi tdse,

thank you for using DVD Catalyst,

Did you change any other settings?

Iron Man 2 is covered in the Problem DVD section on my website here

DVD Catalyst 3 and Iron Man 2 | Tools4Movies - Home of DVD Catalyst

The same still applies to DVD Catalyst 4, however, for the version I have myself (bluray dvd combo) DVD Catalyst already selects the correct track, and conversion works fine.
    If you changed any settings other than just selecting the Xoom profile, it could be that that is causing the complication with the audio.

Please try the following:

* Make sure DVD Catalyst is not running
    *Click on "START" > "RUN" (or hold down the windows-key on your keyboard and tap the "R" key)
    *In the run dialog, type in:

%appdata%

and click OK

*delete the "DVD Catalyst 4" folder

This will reset DVD Catalyst to it's defaults, and will take care of most possible issues.

After that, start DVD Catalyst, select your Xoom profile and start a conversion.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads