• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to : DVD & Video to Xoom with DVD Catalyst 4

This is a discussion on How to : DVD & Video to Xoom with DVD Catalyst 4 within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; Well I did not want you using the whole display them have folks complaining that it was chopped off....

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: How to : DVD & Video to Xoom with DVD Catalyst 4

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    Well I did not want you using the whole display them have folks complaining that it was chopped off.

2. # ADS
    Ads

dvdcatalyst
    Thanks.

I haven't gotten to HDMI yet. I believe the cable I got for my DroidX should work, so that is next on my list

Still confused on why they kept the bottom bar permanent.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdcatalyst View Post

I haven't gotten to HDMI yet. I believe the cable I got for my DroidX should work, so that is next on my list

It does I guess so you can have the device up without seeing the controls on the TV. *shrug*

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Debian Dog View Post
    It does I guess so you can have the device up without seeing the controls on the TV. *shrug*
    At least big M was nice enough to keep at least some cables the same.

I guess I'll have to get up and give the TV a shot and see how that works with the Xoom.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Up until this point I was DVDFab user and since I have this wonderful tablet I would use it to its full potential. After doing some searching I came across this post and others from you and have to say I was sold on the idea and bought the program. My first movie on the xoom setting took 3 hours. Guess I need a better computer and to choose fast to get within the 30 min window. Thanks for the info you have been posting everything is clear and easy to understand. I am happy to see developers choose non apple products to take pride in. Damn you iPad!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by millerjy View Post
    Up until this point I was DVDFab user and since I have this wonderful tablet I would use it to its full potential. After doing some searching I came across this post and others from you and have to say I was sold on the idea and bought the program. My first movie on the xoom setting took 3 hours. Guess I need a better computer and to choose fast to get within the 30 min window. Thanks for the info you have been posting everything is clear and easy to understand. I am happy to see developers choose non apple products to take pride in. Damn you iPad!

Thank you

Of course I've been looking at the iPad, but even to this day, I still see it as a large iPod Touch. Its not a bad thing, but having used iPod Touches since day 1 (I have 3 generations) upgrading to an oversized one just doesn't seem worth it.
    Something similar can be said about Android devices, but with the widgets, its entirely different. Its not just more icons on your homescreen but you can actually put live-feeds of information on it, which makes all the difference to me.

iOS: unlock screen > tap button for app 1, tap home, tap button for app2, etc.
    Android: unlock screen > done

And as a developer, I'm a bit different than most. my software was born out of my own needs. When I started I couldn't find anything that does what I wanted it to do. That was back in 2004. I use it every single day. Some days for a few DVDs for a trip, other days for a few TV shows I want to watch while the wife is watching her own shows.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have my first gen all loaded up with movies but since your needs fit into my needs I dont have to learn how to be a developer.

Since you have done such a wonderful job I just justified the $800+ I spent. I now have a portable baby entertainment device! Strap this baby to a head rest hit play and I hear coos and giggles from the back instead of an air raid siren.

dvdcatalyst
    LOL. for me to keep mine quiet, I need someone to port this to the Xoom

iPad Game for Cats: The World's Best Video Game (for cats, not humans) Home

My cat and 2 yorkies love it, but unfortunately its a bit small on an iPod Touch.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Sticky this, please? Great post, Cat. Maybe start a new thread with the discussion, and lock it? Just my .02.
    "Do you like apples?" "No." "Well how do you like..." "I SAID NO!"

Yankee Air Pirate circa 2006-2007
    Iraq & Afghanistan

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Debian Dog View Post
    Well I did not want you using the whole display them have folks complaining that it was chopped off.
    I briefly played with HDMI today, and while the mirror setup works really cool, I did notice that with video it has some strange behavior.

I tried a 720p and a 1080p trailer I created earlier today (pussinboots trailer, article with settings for dvdcat with links to the samples on my site in case you want to try).

The trailers were encoded using their original resolutions, and because they came from the Apple trailer site, they had a nice Apple logo in the top right corner. On the TV, this was partically cut-off, while on the Xoom it was not.

Then I tried playing the trailers from my full-screen post, and when you play the 1280x800 or the 1280x754 sized trailers, you can see the Xoom shifting the video upwards a bit, reducing the video playback area even more. The 1280x754 trailer, which plays without HDMI connected in full-screen on the Xoom, because of the thing the Xoom adds/does, ends up playing with black borders on the Xoom if HDMI is connected. Of course with HDMI connected, you wouldn't be looking at the Xoom-screen, but this behavior is a bit unusual.
    Playing the 1280x720 sized trailer also has the video lifted on the Xoom, and that one appears to shift a little to the side on the actual Xoom-screen for some reason.

I don't know what to make of it yet, but it appears that if you actually start playing a video on your Xoom with HDMI connected (that is if it is hardware accelerated video playback) the Xoom switches to a different HDMI output mode, likely similar to what the Droid X does.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads