• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

watching movies on xoom via mac

This is a discussion on watching movies on xoom via mac within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; so I bought this to rip and convert movies to watch on the xoom and X Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac-rip/copy BD/DVD to Apple TV,iPad,iPhone,iPod ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    theGRAVYBIRD

watching movies on xoom via mac

so I bought this to rip and convert movies to watch on the xoom and X Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac-rip/copy BD/DVD to Apple TV,iPad,iPhone,iPod thank you who ever put this up the other day, I can't remember where on here I found it

now I successfully ripped my movie and transfered it onto the xoom. now when I try and play it from the gallery, it fails to load, but if I open it up in root explorer it plays just fine. anyone have any clues why that might be?? thank you

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    What exactly is the format and extension?

command - i on a Mac in Quicktime

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    theGRAVYBIRD
    The format is... H.264, 854x480, millions aac, 2 channels, 44100 HZ.

It plays beautifuly, just only through root explorer. I'm kinda surprised that root explorr even works on the xoom, I thought it was a root only app?? I can't even try out on my X because I get reboots when I connect it to my mbp, running apex 1.4.1

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    but root explorer does not have a player. It would be the same program running

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by gravybird View Post
    so I bought this to rip and convert movies to watch on the xoom and X Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac-rip/copy BD/DVD to Apple TV,iPad,iPhone,iPod thank you who ever put this up the other day, I can't remember where on here I found it

now I successfully ripped my step brothers movie and transfered it onto the xoom. now when I try and play it from the gallery, it fails to load, but if I open it up in root explorer it plays just fine. anyone have any clues why that might be?? thank you
    The NOOKcolor has a similar issue.

If the video is located in the Videos folder, Gallery will play it directly, but if it is located anywhere else, Gallery will just show the thumbnail, but it won't play it.
    On the NOOK, you can use the My Files section in the Library app (which works as a file browser) and play the video that way.

I have been using rootexplorer myself on the Xoom to play my movies, because Gallery doesn't show titles.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    theGRAVYBIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Debian Dog View Post
    but root explorer does not have a player. It would be the same program running

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I don't get it... but that's how it works. I'm gonna get realplayer or doubletwist from market,and see if they play my movie either.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    theGRAVYBIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdcatalyst View Post
    The NOOKcolor has a similar issue.

If the video is located in the Videos folder, Gallery will play it directly, but if it is located anywhere else, Gallery will just show the thumbnail, but it won't play it.
    On the NOOK, you can use the My Files section in the Library app (which works as a file browser) and play the video that way.

I have been using rootexplorer myself on the Xoom to play my movies, because Gallery doesn't show titles.
    Ohhhhhhhhh ok:-) that's just a thumbnail in the video folder in the gallery...

dvdcatalyst
    well, sort of. Its actually a link to the video with the thumbnail generated from it, but I think that Gallery itself has a bug with the path to the video.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with websites or linux, but a link like /home/videofile.mp4 works from anywhere, but home/videofile.mp4 will only work from the root folder.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    theGRAVYBIRD
    Yeah your second line was a bit over my head:-) (roughly a mile). But I just got mVideoplayer from the market,and it works great... locates and plays my movie perfect. Permissions weren't that bad either.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by gravybird View Post
    Yeah your second line was a bit over my head:-) (roughly a mile). But I just got mVideoplayer from the market,and it works great... locates and plays my movie perfect. Permissions weren't that bad either.
    Sorry about that. I couldn't think of a different way to explain the issue with Gallery.
    At least you got a solution though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads