• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dice Player can handle .mkv files!

This is a discussion on Dice Player can handle .mkv files! within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; Originally Posted by rezadue I tried the trial version but it cant play my digital copy videos from itunes either. Tunesmasher is designed for users ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dice Player can handle .mkv files!

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    I tried the trial version but it cant play my digital copy videos from itunes either.
    Tunesmasher is designed for users to convert purchased itunes or amazon movies for any portable devices, which also supplies xoom presets to help you easily get xoom video formats

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is stuttering a lot on my 720 MKV, but so are all the players I have tried.

Not happy. I thought it would able to handle 720 MKV's.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fljoemon View Post
    My trial of Dice Player ended and I want to buy it .. however it is not available in the Market. Anyone know what happened to Dice Player?
    According to the info in the market on the trial version the dev says that you can't purchase the full version as the checkout account has been suspended. I guess he's trying to get it re-instated?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I honestly don't think there is anything special about Diceplayer.

I used XenonMKV that I read about here MKV to Mp4 for XOOM WITHOUT Converting Video - xda-developers to convert to mp4 on the file that stuttered for me and it worked great. It doesn't even re-encode it, it just changes the audio and the container so it only took 10 minutes.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Does the job

I bought Dice when it was first released and I've been using it for a few weeks. I wanted to play files directly without converting when downloading TV episodes. This is the only player that can do it...nothing else will even come close. It does stutter but it's usable.

What still bothers me is that Archos can play MKV files with no stuttering on hardware with a quarter of the hardware because of their CODECs...man, why can't someone market those CODECs?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
    I bought Dice when it was first released and I've been using it for a few weeks. I wanted to play files directly without converting when downloading TV episodes. This is the only player that can do it...nothing else will even come close. It does stutter but it's usable.

What still bothers me is that Archos can play MKV files with no stuttering on hardware with a quarter of the hardware because of their CODECs...man, why can't someone market those CODECs?

Maybe with certain MKV's it does stutter less, all I know is the MKV that stuttered for me - did so with all the players I tried and didn't stutter any less with Dice. Not all MKVs are the same though, so experiences will differ. Maybe if I tried your MKVs I would notice the difference.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is this an ICS thing though? Mate has a Honeycomb Xoom and swears Dice plays MKVs perfectly.

What OS are you guys running? I bought my Xoom second hand and it was already running ICS. Was thinking of downgrading to Honeycomb to get MKVs working.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would get the files converted first as it makes it a lot easier. I will have to see how well Dice Player works.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukehluke View Post
    I would get the files converted first as it makes it a lot easier. I will have to see how well Dice Player works.
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zammo View Post
    Is anyone else using Dice Player? If so how do you find it with 720p .mkv movies, with in particular DTS audio? I'm currently having problems with a movie encoded this way which produces video freezes in certain parts yet the audio carries on, this is followed by a Force Closure. Has anyone else experienced similar behaviour?

I guess I will need to use DVD Catalyst to convert the .mkv to .mp4 in order to watch the movie on my Xoom.
    I have the exact same problem. DVD Catalyst works well to covert to MP4 format configured for the Xoom, but these look a bit rubbish when streaming back to a 47" TV. I need to play a little more and probably buy the full version of DVD Catalyst. My biggest problem is that it takes about 8 hours to convert a 2 hours film.

I have downloaded some 1080p music videos in MP4 format and these suffer the same problem. Audio works fine but video is jerky or delayed badly.

Xoom Wifi on Android 4.1 GED (UK)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads