• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dice Player can handle .mkv files!

This is a discussion on Dice Player can handle .mkv files! within the Motorola Xoom Video forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; Originally Posted by Brewster0101 I have the exact same problem. DVD Catalyst works well to covert to MP4 format configured for the Xoom, but these ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dice Player can handle .mkv files!

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewster0101 View Post
    I have the exact same problem. DVD Catalyst works well to covert to MP4 format configured for the Xoom, but these look a bit rubbish when streaming back to a 47" TV. I need to play a little more and probably buy the full version of DVD Catalyst. My biggest problem is that it takes about 8 hours to convert a 2 hours film.

I have downloaded some 1080p music videos in MP4 format and these suffer the same problem. Audio works fine but video is jerky or delayed badly.
    Hi Brewster,

The files DVD Catalyst 4 creates are optimized for hardware decoding. If you use Dice, make sure it is set for that, otherwise your videos will be jerky.
    As for the quality and speed, it depends on the source video quality/resolution, the profile you selected and the processing power your computer has available for the conversions.

If you are converting 1080 video to 1080 mp4 files, using one of the HQ profiles, of course it is going to take a while. If you convert the same video to 1280x720, the conversion speed will be quite a bit faster, and if you convert DVDs, it will be considerably faster.
    Using a quad-core i7, I can convert a Bluray at about realtime to 1080. If I convert the same movie using the same settings on my Dell Core2Duo, it will take about 2x as long, if not more.
    Brewster0101 likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone else having issues with dice player playing .mkv files since the latest update? They used to play fine on my tab but now they try and load and just kicks me back to the home screen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads