• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

XOOM stolen, buy what to replace?

This is a discussion on XOOM stolen, buy what to replace? within the Motorola Xoom vs. Others forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Samsung Note 10.1 give it a try at shop before you purchase...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: XOOM stolen, buy what to replace?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Samsung Note 10.1 give it a try at shop before you purchase

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    msavarding
    I had a look at both the TF700 and the Note, thanks for the suggestions. For the size, they are great wrt to what I complain about the xoom but when I want to transfer files from my desktop, there is no usb connection so I need to use the micro SD card or the wifi; ok for small files but for movies or to backup to an external storage... Correct me if I am wrong

Also is the rooting also a "necessity" with those 2? Are they up to JB yet?
    Last edited by msavard; 09-17-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    The Asus has a micro usb you can plug it straight into the computer. There are also wireless options. I don't know what os version they are on, but that can easily be searched.
    Last edited by johnny cizzle; 09-18-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    msavarding
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    The Asus has a micro usb you can plug it straight into the computer. There are also wireless options. I don't know what is version they are on, but that can easily be searched.
    I could not confirm that micro usb. I know that there is one usb on the keyboard but on the tablet? I saw an adapter from the asus "plug" to OTG usb but a std usb as we have on the xoom to transfer from/to a computer, I dunno...

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    You are correct. They both use proprietary ports. However they both come with USB to proprietary cables, so they can be plunged into a regular USB port.

jev
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The TF700 doesn't feature USB on the tablet, need the keyboard for that. But it does provide microSD, so no worries there. No JB at the moment, it's still on ICS. But JB is out on the TF300 - I guess it's a matter of time before JB is released for the 700.
    Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition / Point of View Mobii TEGRA2 / HTC Hero - in general, Android nut

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    msavarding
    UPDATE: Police brought back MY xoom (and 98% of what was stolen...) after I found that the smart*ss who stole it posted it on Kijiji in Montreal (so I guess I am a smarter*ss...) Anyway so back to the inital problem that I had before: what am I doing wrong with TBpro that it won't batch restore... I guess this is a funnier task than arguing with an insurance co about the value of things and re-configure everything!!!

Thanks to all for your input, I spent a fun 3 days wondering what to buy!!!!!!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by msavard View Post
    UPDATE: Police brought back MY xoom (and 98% of what was stolen...) after I found that the smart*ss who stole it posted it on Kijiji in Montreal (so I guess I am a smarter*ss...) Anyway so back to the inital problem that I had before: what am I doing wrong with TBpro that it won't batch restore... I guess this is a funnier task than arguing with an insurance co about the value of things and re-configure everything!!!

Thanks to all for your input, I spent a fun 3 days wondering what to buy!!!!!!
    You need the Pro license of Titanium to batch restore and backup. When or if you purchased the pro version you need to put the license on either internal or sdcard, whichever place you are backing up and restoring from.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    msavarding
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    You need the Pro license of Titanium to batch restore and backup. When or if you purchased the pro version you need to put the license on either internal or sdcard, whichever place you are backing up and restoring from.
    I have the pro version, hence my frustration. And the support of TB did not answer my email....

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    Twitter
    twowheelzKc
    Quote Originally Posted by msavard View Post
    My xoom was stolen yesterday. While I think it is a great toy, I am wondering if I should take the opportunity to switch to something else.. Also because new one are kinda hard to find in "real" stores in Montreal. I basically want the same connections as the xoom (so usb, hdmi), gps and wifi only. I don't really need a keyboard like the transformer as I will be shopping for a new laptop also (stolen also). Any suggestions?
    Well this is BS. It was like watching a TV series, all the sudden someone forgot to pay the electric bill before the series ended. So don't leave us all in suspense! Which one was up for that ride home?
    Last edited by twowheelz; 09-20-2012 at 03:34 AM.
    ~without that little voice in your head,
    you wouldn't be able to read this~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads