• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Nexus 10

This is a discussion on Nexus 10 within the Motorola Xoom vs. Others forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Bought one for the wife, and got her a Pogo charger from Amazon for that battery deplete issue. She loves it, but it is her ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Nexus 10

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Bought one for the wife, and got her a Pogo charger from Amazon for that battery deplete issue. She loves it, but it is her first tablet, so she has nothing to compare it to. It seriously needs a charging dock though. I will be keeping my Xoom for that very reason.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am very very tempted but I really want to see if they announce this Motorola 'X' tablet in May, might be a better option?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Quote Originally Posted by spendleb View Post
    I am very very tempted but I really want to see if they announce this Motorola 'X' tablet in May, might be a better option?
    Not as far as I'm concerned, I would never trust a motorola device again! Non USA get absolutley zilch support

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    apparently google and verizon have had a falling out, and considering there will never be verizon lte nexus device in near future (i have been considering the nexus 7 and nexus 10 as xoom 4g lte replacement), and i dont want to spend $300 to get a 10 hr hotspot, and i am not interested in switching to tmobile or att, and google has done away with sdcards, i think ill just wait and hold on to my lte Xoom with 64gb a little while longer .

the nexus 10 is impressive, but the lack of an external sdcard, and lack of mobile connectivity is a deal killer for me. $500 for a 32gb tablet lacking sdcard/mobile broadband is just too high for me

but the google/verizon fallout may be the issue also with the xoom verizon lte missing 4.1 update
    Last edited by rive; 04-23-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I'm back!!

Hahah I just put my N10 on Craigslist. Believe it or not the Xoom (on it now) spoiled me.

I found the N10 to be too buggy. A lot of my apps wouldn't work because of the N10's resolution. Some games just looked bad. The hardware doesn't feel designed very well, I was rebooting too much. The battery took way to long to charge. Wifi would drop every once and a while. I could make the tablet overheat by streaming Netflix with HDMI out. The tablet would often need to be rebooted to get HDMI to work at all. It still doesn't have the latest play store app although some owners have gotten it and/or side loaded it.

Anyway I'm back on old faithful until it sells and I'm going to pick up an iPad 4 (booo hissss right? Lol) when I sell it. I'm keeping my Xoom forever. My employer got me an iPhone and as limited as it is I've learned to enjoy it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've now got the Nexus 10 (birthday present), love it even if I am not noticing a massive difference from my Xoom, even in resolution?

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Well I think i'm going to take the Nexus 10 plunge, as I'm getting tired of not being able to watch Sky Go on my Xoom. I'm probably going to sell my Xoom on ebay, it's going to be missed but unfortunately I need to make up the cash outlay on the Nexus 10 somehow.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zammo View Post
    Well I think i'm going to take the Nexus 10 plunge, as I'm getting tired of not being able to watch Sky Go on my Xoom. I'm probably going to sell my Xoom on ebay, it's going to be missed but unfortunately I need to make up the cash outlay on the Nexus 10 somehow.
    I've kept both, not quite sure why yet but I don't want to give my Xoom away. So after a month with the Nexus 10 I am still loving it but with a few concerns, playing games overheats the unit, I can have Simpsons Tapped Out (I'm addicted!) on for 20 minutes and the top left screen gets really hot and I mean really hot, also the unit crashes a lot, I can be anywhere, in an app or browser or whatever and it freezes and the only way out is to reboot.

The screen is phenomenal though and it's a lot lighter than the Xoom so easier to hold for long periods, where the hell are those accessories though Google!

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spendleb View Post
    I've kept both, not quite sure why yet but I don't want to give my Xoom away. So after a month with the Nexus 10 I am still loving it but with a few concerns, playing games overheats the unit, I can have Simpsons Tapped Out (I'm addicted!) on for 20 minutes and the top left screen gets really hot and I mean really hot, also the unit crashes a lot, I can be anywhere, in an app or browser or whatever and it freezes and the only way out is to reboot.

The screen is phenomenal though and it's a lot lighter than the Xoom so easier to hold for long periods, where the hell are those accessories though Google!
    I had the same experiences. I feel the Xoom was designed much better even though the technology is a bit dated.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
    So who plans on replacing their Xoom with a Nexus 10? Looks like a pretty good upgrade to my aging Xoom.

Two things I'm not liking about it are Miracast isnt supported (yet?). And no SD card slot....

Aside from that it looks pretty good. Engadget benchmarked it at about twice as fast in most benchmarks compared to my Xoom. The screen looks really good esp. compared to the Xoom. Something I like is the ports for the micro usb and hdmi are on the sides which was an issue on my Xoom sometimes.

I did however read a comment where someone said you could actually deplete the battery when its charging faster then it could charge. Don't know how true that is though.

Anyway, what do you guys think. It appears the Xoom is no longer going to be updated via Google so are you guys moving onto their next device, sticking with the Xoom, or going with the competition?
    I just got the Nexus 7 unlocked 4G/LTE,and already have it on the Verizon network (using the Sim from my Xoom)

Its awesome with Quad Core @1.5GHZ, and 1080p Screen res (1920x1200). Makes my Xoom 4G/LTE feel link a clunker
    Last edited by rive; 10-26-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads