• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

So is the Xoom considered one if the best Android Tabs avail?

This is a discussion on So is the Xoom considered one if the best Android Tabs avail? within the Motorola Xoom vs. Others forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by Ollie We are still fighting the holy war at my house concerning iOS vs Android. Nothing wrong with a little bit of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So is the Xoom considered one if the best Android Tabs avail?

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    We are still fighting the holy war at my house concerning iOS vs Android. Nothing wrong with a little bit of everything in the pot, but accessories start piling up for all if the different devices.
    Were going full Android in my house. Wife is tired of iTunes, phone also has a few quarks that annoy her. Didn't care that my wife had an iphone (actually recommended it to her), but it will be a lot easier on me maintaining one OS.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    After close review of the tabs out there, personally, the Xoom fits my needs and requirement best. To this end, there are a number of people in this house jealous cause they got something different. At times it is hard to keep mine out of their hands. Jblalock has the phrase right and I definitely own mine.....

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Anecdotes:
    1. A client of mine is over the moon at his iPad2. Can't stop showing it off. I mention I went the Android route, and have a thing called a Motorola Xoom - he looks nonplussed and says, oh, an e-reader thing.... the guy has no idea there are other tablets out there! Typical iPad buyer?

2. I trashed my Xoom - I tripped over the power cord and bent the socket - since I got it online from the US (I'm in Oz) I didn't want to send it away for repair, so I pulled the xoom apart to repair it, but messed up the internal connections a bit, so I lost the volume-down control, then the on/off button. Very sad. Thought about it a lot, looked at other tablets, bought another xoom.... treated this one more kindly, still the best on the market for me....

3. My other half hates the xoom, says it is ruining our relationship because I'm always 'playing with it'.

A thought - why does no-one talk much about form factor? - xoom's 16:9 is perfect for movies - makes all those squarer things feel quaint to me, like a 1950's TV.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    I like 16:9 as well. I can't wait until there are some mainstream 12 and 13 inch tablets.
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    I'd like to see an 8.5 by 11 inch screen...
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I actually think the screen is a good size. I think any bigger and it would be too bulky to comfortably hold.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I played around with all the tablets at best buy, the xoom just felt right to me...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Its a matter of taste when it comes to decide between two tablets that run same os or the two that offer almost the same.
    But when someone try to convince me that no other product in the world can offer me such effectivity and usability as apple products do, i cant help it but to start argue.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I like 16:9 as well. I can't wait until there are some mainstream 12 and 13 inch tablets.
    Me too....

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've played with a few tablets and had a Gtab (original) through work for a while. Going to the Xoom made a BIG difference. I won't touch the iStuff with a ten foot poll...unless it's one of the Intel Macs dual booted with Windows and then we're not talking tablets.

I have to admit that the price is what drew me in. 3G Xoom for $224.
    Armed liberal, flashaholic, motorcycle enthusiast, computer nerd. Who runs Android.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads