• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

So is the Xoom considered one if the best Android Tabs avail?

This is a discussion on So is the Xoom considered one if the best Android Tabs avail? within the Motorola Xoom vs. Others forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I happen to own both, the Xoom and the Ipad 2 ( gifted to my dad who barely uses it) ....I still use the Xoom ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So is the Xoom considered one if the best Android Tabs avail?

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I happen to own both, the Xoom and the Ipad 2 ( gifted to my dad who barely uses it) ....I still use the Xoom a lot more than the ipad....while I wish the Xoom was a bit lighter....the customization android offers in terms of Widgets, ability to transfer files without having to use a proprietary application like iTunes is a big big plus IMHO....on the other hand some common apps look so much better on the ipad...epicurious for e.g

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    gjhinson
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    We are still fighting the holy war at my house concerning iOS vs Android. Nothing wrong with a little bit of everything in the pot, but accessories start piling up for all if the different devices.
    Unfortunately accessories will pile up with just having 2 android devices by different manufacturers, or tablet versus phone. Doesn't stop me from sporting a Droidx and Xoom tablet. Go Android.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got my Xoom some days ago. Xoom is a good tablet, always can get timely android update. But the size and weight it is a little big for me, very hard to use it by single hand for long time, and the power adapter is strange that can not reuse micro usb port.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am really late getting into the fray on this. The first tablet we got was a Galaxy 10.1, for my wife. It is fine, but...the charger plug is a but more touchy than I wanted to turn any of the kids loose with, so when the school instituted BYOD, I got youngest son a Xoom, with a keyboard case. The charger plugs in with the single pin--easy. I bought another one, later, for youngest daughter, with keyboard case--also fine. Bought another one for my mother-in-law. She has problems with such things as charger plugs, so I knew the single pin would be the way to go, and it has worked out well. I just bought one for myself a couple of weeks ago. I know it is a bit dated, but, so am I. It works great. I synced it to a XYboard keyboard/case. Had to punch a hole in the (genuine) leather case for the power button, but it is great. Oh, by the way, these were all used purchases, off eBay.
    Last edited by lawrence1l; 05-15-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: forgot something

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Ads